Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 53057 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #750 on: December 25, 2023, 09:54:58 AM »
The few remaining Christians in Jesus birthplace can’t celebrate today because they are the wrong race and religion, which means the people with the most military strength in their lands don’t recognise their rights at all.

It’s completely wild that most of the west celebrates a holiday for his birthday while a state that declares indigenous Christians in Jesus’s homeland to be stateless and without rights goes about either killing or displacing all of them.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.  Maybe  you are describing the PLO?  Bethlehem is controlled by the Arab PLO, not Israel.  There is no fighting in Bethlehem.  The Arab authorities in Bethlehem cancelled Christmas to protest Israel fighting Hamas.

Here is a news article about Christmas in Bethlehem:

At its centre is a nativity scene showing the baby Jesus wrapped in a white shroud, surrounded by rubble and barbed wire, in a chilling echo of the thousands of children killed in Gaza.

Nearby, a group of students unfurled a giant Palestinian flag in silence.

https://news.yahoo.com/christmas-cancelled-bethlehem-birthplace-jesus-060000582.html

They surrounded the figure of the Christ child with rubble in some sort of protest.  The article has not a single word about why the war is happening.  It is a mystery why Israel is just attacking all those poor Arabs for no apparent reason!

If the baby Jesus had been in one of the kubutzes when Hamas invaded Israel, they would have thrown him alive in a oven, set him on fire, or chopped his head off along with the other Jewish babies they killed. 

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #751 on: December 25, 2023, 10:41:46 AM »
There are no good guys in that conflict, the USA/West is funding both sides directly or indirectly.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #752 on: December 25, 2023, 08:01:46 PM »
I was thinking about when the Indians were moved onto the reservations. They pretty much gave up.  Which was a smart move.  If the Indians had kept up the murders and rapes, like the Palestinians seem intent on doing, I think the USA would have finished killing them all off.

Let’s take the thought experiment a little further though: say the Indians invest wisely the next few years and manage to fund their own private army strong enough to defeat the US military. They then come to your house and declare it ancestral Indian land, kick you off, and expel you from the United Stated with no citizenship.

Would you accept that as a morally acceptable outcome? And not fight in any way to stop it?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #753 on: December 25, 2023, 10:30:52 PM »
Kinda figures he would show up on Christmas, of all days, just to be a pill.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #754 on: December 26, 2023, 09:31:43 AM »
A little something to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling

Iran has escalated the rate at which it is enriching uranium to up to 60 per cent purity, levels close to weapons-grade, the UN's nuclear watchdog warned today.

Iran has 'increased its production of highly enriched uranium, reversing a previous output reduction from mid-2023', the International Atomic Energy Agency said in a statement.

Iran has enough uranium enriched to up to 60 per cent purity for three atom bombs by the International Atomic Energy Agency's definition. Its leaders maintain it 'does not need' nuclear weapons and is only enriching uranium for peaceful purposes.

But on December 18, the UK government warned that Iran's stockpiles 'are unprecedented for a state without a nuclear weapons programme', denouncing the 'deplorable state' of its commitments to a 2015 deal in which Tehran agreed to slash stockpiles and enrich only to 3.67 per cent.
By the IAEA's theoretical definition, around 42 kg of uranium enriched to 60% is the amount at which making a nuclear bomb with it cannot be excluded.

Iran escalates production of near-weapons grade uranium in shocking reversal, nuclear watchdog warns
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12901117/Iran-escalates-uranium-enrichment-programme-near-weapons-grade-nuclear-watchdog-warns.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #755 on: December 26, 2023, 09:48:09 AM »
[whispers] Biden's foreign policy is working.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #756 on: December 26, 2023, 09:53:49 AM »
A little something to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling

Iran escalates production of near-weapons grade uranium in shocking reversal, nuclear watchdog warns
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12901117/Iran-escalates-uranium-enrichment-programme-near-weapons-grade-nuclear-watchdog-warns.html

No, you're wrong. Obama guaranteed that this would never happen.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #757 on: December 26, 2023, 10:25:59 AM »

Would you accept that as a morally acceptable outcome? And not fight in any way to stop it?

Of course I would try to stop it, but I could understand the Indians trying to do so, assuming they obeyed the laws of war.  What are you wondering about?

I personally think Zionism was a terrible idea.  Setting hundreds of thousands of people right on top of a population that hates them.  The results could have been predicted.  That being said, I have zero sympathy for the Arabs in the area, given their genocidal, corrupt and despotic behavior.  They aren't fit to run a thing, unlike the Jews.

The Arabs need to give up, and try to create their own countries, and live at peace with the Jews.  They seem to be completely unable to do this, so I hope they get their ass kicked again.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #758 on: December 26, 2023, 09:01:41 PM »
Kinda figures he would show up on Christmas, of all days, just to be a pill.

It's a parody account.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #759 on: December 27, 2023, 10:54:15 AM »
And more to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling

One in five young Americans has a POSITIVE view of Osama Bin Laden: Disturbing Daily Mail poll results also reveal three in 10 Gen-Zers think the views of the 9/11 mastermind were a 'force for good'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12890583/americans-osama-bin-laden-poll-gen-zers.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #760 on: December 27, 2023, 12:04:59 PM »
And more to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling

One in five young Americans has a POSITIVE view of Osama Bin Laden: Disturbing Daily Mail poll results also reveal three in 10 Gen-Zers think the views of the 9/11 mastermind were a 'force for good'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12890583/americans-osama-bin-laden-poll-gen-zers.html

That's probably because they don't know the difference between Osama and Obama.  Seriously   :'(
"It's good, though..."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #761 on: December 27, 2023, 01:39:44 PM »
>poll results show youngsters think osama bin laden is pretty good guy
He was elected twice and way better than Trump or that other guy!
7-11 was a part time job.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #762 on: December 28, 2023, 05:05:12 PM »
Meanwhile in front of the White House

https://twitter.com/swilkinsonbc/status/1740357266770120853

Still a better love story than twilight

'Worst Show Ever': Activists Reenact What's Happening in Gaza in Front of the White House
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/28/worst-show-ever-activists-reenact-whats-happening-in-gaza-in-front-of-the-white-house-n2391211
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #763 on: December 29, 2023, 11:53:55 AM »
Several threads this could have gone in

Secretary Antony Blinken
@SecBlinken
As I reflect on the miles traveled, countries visited, and intense diplomacy over the past year, I am proud of our work to build stronger partnerships and strengthen global peace and security.
https://twitter.com/SecBlinken/status/1740418900947505537

'This Is Insane'! SecState Blinken's Assessment of 2023 Does NOT Line Up With Reality
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/12/29/secstate-blinkens-assessment-of-2023-does-not-match-up-with-what-we-remember-n2391227

- Calvin and Hobbes

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #764 on: December 30, 2023, 02:28:02 AM »
Of course I would try to stop it, but I could understand the Indians trying to do so, assuming they obeyed the laws of war.  What are you wondering about?

I personally think Zionism was a terrible idea.  Setting hundreds of thousands of people right on top of a population that hates them.  The results could have been predicted.  That being said, I have zero sympathy for the Arabs in the area, given their genocidal, corrupt and despotic behavior.  They aren't fit to run a thing, unlike the Jews.

The Arabs need to give up, and try to create their own countries, and live at peace with the Jews.  They seem to be completely unable to do this, so I hope they get their ass kicked again.

This is so contradictory it’s hard to unpick. You think it was wrong to drop European immigrants where they weren’t wanted, and you think people have a right to resist deprivation of their property and liberty - but you don’t think Arabs have that right because as a race they aren’t good at “running things” whatever that means?

Do you think the rights to liberty and property can be forfeited based on a person’s race?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #765 on: December 30, 2023, 10:08:11 AM »
Exporting large masses of people to new lands or importing large masses of people is a time tested way of destabilizing, conquering and acquiring control of a country.   

Colonists and immigrants are just pawns in a bigger game of conquest.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #766 on: December 30, 2023, 11:42:31 AM »
This is so contradictory it’s hard to unpick. You think it was wrong to drop European immigrants where they weren’t wanted, and you think people have a right to resist deprivation of their property and liberty - but you don’t think Arabs have that right because as a race they aren’t good at “running things” whatever that means?

Do you think the rights to liberty and property can be forfeited based on a person’s race?

Let me see if I can explain better, since I obviously did not do a good job.  Thomas Sowell discusses what he calls the "quest for cosmic justice"… an example of this would be when the left tries to rectify the wrongs of the distant past by screwing over people today, and this never goes well.  Such as, trying to correct the harms of slavery by discriminating against white people today, or reparations.

I live on land taken from Indians by the Indian Removal Act of 1830.  It was of doubtful legality.  Was this a bad thing to do?  Probably so.  Did the Indians in 1830 have a right to resist?  Sure.  Should I be expected to give my house to Creek Indians now because of possible wrongs suffered by their ancestors in 1830?  No.  The aggrieved parties are dead, and I am not responsible for the Trail of Tears.  If a hypothetical modern day independent Creek nation attempted to attack the USA and regain the land lost by the Indian Removal Act of 1830, it would be foolish, but understandable, assuming this hypothetical Creek nation followed the laws of war.  Foolish, because, once again, of the stupidity of the quest for cosmic justice, which is exactly what it would be.  I would resist, once again, because I am not responsible for the wrongs of the distant past.  I am not bound to let myself be screwed over because Andrew Jackson was an jerk to Indians who have been dead for over a hundred years.

Now Zionism in the past was also "the quest for cosmic justice" and foolish as well, in my opinion.  Because Jews lost the Holy Land in 79 AD, it did not give them a right to the land after WW2.

Did the Arabs in the Holy Land have the right to resist Zionism?  Maybe so (it is unclear because they did not actually rule the area, but were subjects of the British Empire… possibly the Brits had a right to give control of the land to the Jews, I am not sure).  Anyway, the Arabs did resist at the time, and the Jews and Arabs did not obey the laws of war… both sides violated the laws of war flagrantly at times.  The Arabs lost the wars, just as the Creek Indians did.  If the Arabs behaved better back then, then their descendants would be in better shape, just like the Creek Indians of today might be in better shape if their ancestors hadn't committed the Fort Mims Massacre, and convinced white Americans to hate them. (and of course the Jews in Israel might be in better shape had their zionist ancestors behaved better).

The Arab inhabitants of the Holy Land don't have a right to the land of their ancestors.  They lost it.  Trying to get it back by force is another stupid example of the quest for cosmic justice, which leads to horror.  I can understand why they would try to do so, but that is an emotional reaction on their part that is foolish in the extreme.  The fact that Hamas does not obey the laws of war in their stupid attempts, but use rape, murder and kidnapping as SOPs means I despise them and hope that all who participate in such things are killed.  If they did follow the laws of war, I would think they were foolish and wrong, but not evil.

Zionism today (in that the nation of Israel has a right to continue their existence)- I agree with it, because they are living people who have established a nation in fact.  Any of the younger Israelis, which would be almost all of them, have zero responsibility for the crimes of Irgun in the past, nor the stupidity of the British Empire for the Balfour Declaration.

The Arabs in Palestine lost their property in land because they (or their ancestors) fought wars against Israel and lost them, not because of their race (Arabs and Jews are the same race anyway).  They don't have a right to land lost in the distant past (the stupid quest for cosmic justice thing) nor do they have a right to lands lost if they pick a fight with Israel and lose.  For elderly Arabs who lost property in the wars, well, too bad for them, that's what happens when you declare war on another nation and lose.  Arab nations expelled hundreds of thousands of Jews from their lands, and Israel expelled lots of Arabs from their conquered lands… I am not aware of either side compensating the other for their loss of property.

I hope this post explains my position more clearly.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 12:20:11 PM by Pb »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #767 on: December 31, 2023, 10:59:42 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #768 on: December 31, 2023, 11:05:00 AM »
Terrorism warnings going out for tonight

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-law-enforcement-brace-potential-threats-during-new-years-eve-bash

I'm once again happy to have made the move to living under the radar in BFE.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #769 on: December 31, 2023, 04:46:29 PM »
A couple of our helos took down Houthi attack boats that were shooting at them.

https://youtu.be/JgHloespf_I

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #770 on: December 31, 2023, 04:48:23 PM »

FAFO

- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #771 on: December 31, 2023, 05:20:48 PM »

Now I have questions. What type of boats? Did the helos use MG fire (door mounted) or did they step up their game and have Hellfires mounted? Where is the video? These thing always cause more questions than answers. ;)

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #772 on: December 31, 2023, 06:13:50 PM »
Now I have questions. What type of boats? Did the helos use MG fire (door mounted) or did they step up their game and have Hellfires mounted? Where is the video? These thing always cause more questions than answers. ;)

bob

From what I've seen, these terrorists tend to use boats that look sorta like the Mexican cartel super pangas, but not as seaworthy, as those super pangas cost like a $1 million a pop and haul ass.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #773 on: December 31, 2023, 07:07:25 PM »
From what I've seen, these terrorists tend to use boats that look sorta like the Mexican cartel super pangas, but not as seaworthy, as those super pangas cost like a $1 million a pop and haul ass.

Way back when and we cruised the Gulf at night we would see a ton of dhows. We would have to check everyone of them because the Iranians were fond of using them to mine the gulf. Also a lot of the Somali pirates used the panga types with a lot of motor for a go fast type to try the boarding with. Of course most of these groups use what ever they can steal at the time.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #774 on: December 31, 2023, 07:26:30 PM »
Also a lot of the Somali pirates used the panga types with a lot of motor for a go fast type

That's how the cartels did it. As related to me by one of the Homeland guys, some industrious fishermen started using the little crappy pangas to cross the border into Calif with a few people and a few bales of pot. The cartels liked the idea so much they had one of their shipyards in i think Baja start producing the super pangas to haul more people and a lot more drugs.

The one below, we found beached South of Vandenberg. People and product were gone, which meant the boat driver's family probably didn't get executed. They didn't mind losing a boat, but product was a different story. Funny story on this one, some commercial fisherman had actually gotten there before our guys did and painted "salvage" and his name and phone number on the hull. Which apparently is a thing under maritime law under normal circumstances. This one fell under one of Bush's HSPDs though, so he was out of luck. He was probably pretty pissed, since just the motors would have brought him a pretty penny.  :laugh: