Author Topic: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)  (Read 46564 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Walking dead season 6 (spoilers within)
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2016, 01:49:12 PM »
So the dude Daryl blew up wasn't Negan?

I believe the bikers were some of Negan's minions.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2016, 02:10:36 PM »
I believe the bikers were some of Negan's minions.

Exactly.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2016, 04:49:48 PM »
Too bad for Rick his nascent girlfriend got munched.  No loss at all with her two kids becoming Zombie Chow®, however.  Glad to see both of them go.
The preacherman grew a pair, and so did the fake scientist guy.  That was unexpected.
Carol got to put the coup de grâce on that dirt bag that Morgan refused to off.  More proof that she was born again hard.
I wonder if Morgan is going to get his act together finally?  I hope so, as I like his character.

Black male characters on TWD are like red shirts on Star Trek.  He's toast.  =)

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2016, 05:48:50 PM »
Black male characters on TWD are like red shirts on Star Trek.  He's toast.  =)

When Carol started muttering "I should have killed you[Morgan]" I began to wonder if she might have some unfinished business with him.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2016, 09:13:05 AM »
That's strike two for Morgan, in which he left people go who later tried to kill Alexandrians. I don't think anyone is really pleased.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #155 on: February 21, 2016, 10:35:54 PM »
Rick and Michonne sittin' in a tree...

Okay, another lame move nit to pick: Why did they give up the car when they found the truck? Bad tactics. They knew their car was in good shape. Truck was an unknown quantity with fuel of an unknown condition. One guy shoulda drove the car and one guy the truck. In fact the truck did break down when Jesus was driving it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #156 on: February 21, 2016, 10:51:35 PM »
It's not often one gets to die twice on the show.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2016, 08:09:09 AM »
Rick and Michonne sittin' in a tree...

Okay, another lame move nit to pick: Why did they give up the car when they found the truck? Bad tactics. They knew their car was in good shape. Truck was an unknown quantity with fuel of an unknown condition. One guy shoulda drove the car and one guy the truck. In fact the truck did break down when Jesus was driving it.

Sometimes I really think that they've survived the Zompocalypse in spite of themselves, not because they're good at it.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2016, 09:55:17 AM »
My nitpicking aside, I do have to say that I liked this episode. Even though it wasn't really action packed, I thought it was a good, "day in the life during the zombie apocalypse" episode.

It gave the sense of, "This is how the world is now, and this is how we live now". The mundane aspect was actually pretty powerful.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »
Music score advice:

For when they were chasing "Jesus" around in the field, the music score should have been Boots Randolph's "Yakety Sax,"  otherwise known as the Benny Hill Theme.
 [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #160 on: February 22, 2016, 01:51:19 PM »
Music score advice:

For when they were chasing "Jesus" around in the field, the music score should have been Boots Randolph's "Yakety Sax,"  otherwise known as the Benny Hill Theme.
 [popcorn]

THAT would have been awesome and hysterical. Would also have shown the writers have a good sense of humor.  :laugh:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #161 on: February 22, 2016, 05:13:55 PM »
My nitpicking aside, I do have to say that I liked this episode. Even though it wasn't really action packed, I thought it was a good, "day in the life during the zombie apocalypse" episode.

It gave the sense of, "This is how the world is now, and this is how we live now". The mundane aspect was actually pretty powerful.

I agree with you 100%.

It comes right up there with my absolute favorite episode, one that was particularly brilliant and not really action packed... What's Happening and What's Going On.

That's the one where Tyreese is bitten by Noah's little brother and dies. It was an absolutely brilliant bit of psychological drama.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2016, 10:17:01 AM »
Yup good episode.  Two in a row....prepare for some level of stupid in the next episodes....  :laugh:

Yeah I wouldn't have left the black car, either.  consider that during their run in with Jesus, they wouldn't of had to run to chase him. They'd easily pursued him in that car.
Now, to get that truck out of the lake....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2016, 10:48:51 AM »
Now, to get that truck out of the lake....

Tangent: I can't remember - can TWD zombies "survive" underwater? I know in several zombie books I've read, zombies are still viable underwater. I can't remember if TWD zombies are or not.

On another note, do zombies float or sink? I would think they'd have enough decomposition gases in them to float.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »
A few seasons ago, didn't we see a zombie underwater that was chained into place?  Some sort of lake or pond, and as I recall, the zombie was still moving.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2016, 11:48:24 AM »
A few seasons ago, didn't we see a zombie underwater that was chained into place?  Some sort of lake or pond, and as I recall, the zombie was still moving.

Yes.  The governor was standing on a pier and there was one chained to something in the lake.
It would be a huge risk.  Don't they show someone fighting with a zombie underwater in some of the previews?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2016, 11:59:45 AM »
"Don't they show someone fighting with a zombie underwater in some of the previews?"

I THINK that those were previews for Fear the Walking Dead, which restarts on April 10.

After the slow-roll suckfest that was season 1, season 2 had damned well better start with a bang or I'm done with it.

I know that they wanted to show things as they started, instead of coming in to zombie world as they did in The Walking Dead with Rick coming out of his coma, but holy *expletive deleted*it, they could have compressed the whole "our neighborhood is an armed camp guarded by the Nat Guard" from 3 episodes to 1.

As for floater zombies, that's an interesting observation. You'd think that once someone becomes a Zed that their stomachs would distend from decomposition and, especially more so, if they ate a human or animal. Yet all of the zombies look like they've come out of a spin class at Ghoul's Gym, even in the beginning.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2016, 01:54:43 PM »
And, someone has done it.

They've set the Jesus chase scene to Yakkity Sax...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUkYepOl0Jg

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2016, 07:05:52 PM »

:rofl: :rofl:   I knew it would work!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2016, 09:10:32 PM »

That's great!  :rofl:

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #170 on: February 24, 2016, 08:56:33 PM »
That's funny, I don't care who you are!   :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2016, 09:04:08 AM »
Finally got a chance to watch the whole thing with the sound turned up.

It really did adapt quite well!

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #172 on: February 29, 2016, 04:08:31 PM »
It's interesting that Ricks group has now become muscle.  Also, the trailer for next week shows markedly better gun handling when they're clearing a hallway.  This *expletive deleted*it with Negan will be interesting to say the least.
JD

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #173 on: February 29, 2016, 05:31:13 PM »
Tangent: I can't remember - can TWD zombies "survive" underwater? I know in several zombie books I've read, zombies are still viable underwater. I can't remember if TWD zombies are or not.

On another note, do zombies float or sink? I would think they'd have enough decomposition gases in them to float.

Don't forget the Governor's  wall of head aquariums...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #174 on: February 29, 2016, 06:53:06 PM »
It's interesting that Ricks group has now become muscle.  Also, the trailer for next week shows markedly better gun handling when they're clearing a hallway.  This *expletive deleted*it with Negan will be interesting to say the least.

In a sense, they were muscle ever since they arrived in Alexandria.  In volunteering to take on Negan and the Saviors, they've become, in essence, mercenaries.

I suspect that they will underestimate the Saviors as an adversary, and this little adventure is going to go all sorts of sideways.