Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 120108 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #1550 on: May 26, 2023, 03:49:26 PM »
https://thefederalist.com/2023/05/24/its-about-time-christians-educated-themselves/

In contemporary parlance, to “educate” oneself means allowing intellectually and morally stunted clowns — literally, in this case — to bully you. Because LGBT activists, like BLM activists, never need to be “educated” about anything. They have achieved enlightenment.

No, it’s the slack-jawed yokels who cling to thousands of years of intellectual and theological tradition who need lessons from the geniuses who spend Easter Sunday dressed in Virgin Mary drag, passing out condoms on a 13-stop bar crawl mocking the Stations of the Cross. The Dodgers are merely celebrating diversity by sponsoring a group that simulates sex scenes on crucifixes. Why are you fanatics starting another culture war?

The Dodgers had initially failed to educate themselves about “the lifesaving work” the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence “have done tirelessly for decades.” I mean, it’s not as if Catholics are out there spending tens of billions on charity every year, funding hospitals, adoption agencies, and a slew of other causes. They should probably hit up the drag queen nuns for some advice. What do the real ones know about charity?

Really, though, the Dodgers’ decision to include the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence in their Pride Night also makes perfect sense. Far from being transgressive or shocking, they represent the state religion far better than any other order.

I'm not a Catholic, but this is how I feel about a lot of stuff non-Christians have to say about moral, social, or especially religious issues. Joe Rogan, for example...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1552 on: May 26, 2023, 04:43:53 PM »
‘I Will Hurt You’: Disturbing Video Shows Violent Bullying At SC Middle School
https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/02/11/i-will-hurt-you-disturbing-video-shows-violent-bullying-at-sc-middle-school/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Csr16AOLhvX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Saw this circulating on Instagram.  That big lady did not look like a student. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #1553 on: May 26, 2023, 06:18:59 PM »
Obviously both students need to be suspended in the name of zero tolerance.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1554 on: May 26, 2023, 08:20:58 PM »
Holy *expletive deleted*it *expletive deleted*ck, this guy keeps getting weirder and weirder

REVEALED: Disgraced former Biden official Sam Brinton was member of "drag nun" group promoted by LA Dodgershttps://t.co/Rskr8qwlgO

— The Post Millennial (@TPostMillennial) May 26, 2023
https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp-313137/2023/05/26/nun-too-soon-youll-never-guess-who-was-a-member-of-the-dodgers-drag-nun-group/

some of the comments are gold

I wonder whose dress he was wearing?

— Dr Bow Wow Who 🏴‍☠️ (@DrBowWowWho) May 26, 2023

Sam Brinton brings new meaning to "stealing bags" at Dodger Stadium.

— Garvin Ford (@GarvinFord) May 26, 2023

Sam Brinton is a member of the anti catholic nuns who will be honored by the Los Angeles Dodgers. Yes, it’s gross but on the plus side the Dodgers finally got a guy who can steal.

— Jimmy Failla (@jimmyfailla) May 26, 2023
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1555 on: May 26, 2023, 09:52:21 PM »
Looks like stealing luggage wasn’t Sam’s only habit

:rofl: :rofl:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #1556 on: May 27, 2023, 03:29:32 PM »
‘I Will Hurt You’: Disturbing Video Shows Violent Bullying At SC Middle School
https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/02/11/i-will-hurt-you-disturbing-video-shows-violent-bullying-at-sc-middle-school/

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Csr16AOLhvX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Saw this circulating on Instagram.  That big lady did not look like a student.

Yeah, the "bully" sounds like she's in her 20's ... so more like an abusive adult than a child being a bully.
I was bullied by an 18 yr old that kept on getting left back and was still in the seventh grade, I finally had to stab him with a pen or a pencil - it was amazing to see him cry after months of bullying - but the teacher gave him some good advice "leave him alone or he will stab you again" or something to that effect  :rofl:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1557 on: May 28, 2023, 11:41:07 AM »
Mr Bud Light wants a woman to get him pregnant

Video
https://twitter.com/JebraFaushay/status/1662815587192520705

Can’t. Even. Make. This. UP! Dylan Mulvaney wants to date women … and have babies? (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/05/28/cant-even-make-this-up-dylan-mulvaney-wants-to-date-women-and-have-babies-watch/

We are living in a Monty Python skit on a LSD/Meth cocktail
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1558 on: May 28, 2023, 11:47:18 AM »
Part of me still says this is an act but part of me says he IS this bat *expletive deleted*it crazy
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #1559 on: May 28, 2023, 01:22:07 PM »
Part of me still says this is an act but part of me says he IS this bat *expletive deleted*it crazy

Those are not mutually exclusive.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1560 on: May 28, 2023, 11:03:45 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1561 on: May 29, 2023, 11:40:26 AM »
Law school grad

"I chose CUNY School of Law for its articulated mission [as one of the] few legal institutions… to recognize that the law is a manifestation of White supremacy that continues to oppress and suppress people in this nation and around the world."

CUNY Law commencement speaker claims laws are 'White supremacy,' attacks 'fascist' police and military
https://www.foxnews.com/media/cuny-law-commencement-speaker-claims-laws-white-supremacy-attacks-fascist-police-military
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1562 on: May 29, 2023, 02:13:51 PM »
^^^I wonder what career and degree of personal freedom she would have ended up with in her native country of Yemen.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1563 on: May 29, 2023, 07:32:59 PM »
^^^I wonder what career and degree of personal freedom she would have ended up with in her native country of Yemen.

Like this?  :rofl:

“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1564 on: May 29, 2023, 09:25:16 PM »
That hag doesn't want her mouth to be shut.  She wants to force everyone who disagrees with her to shut up.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1565 on: May 29, 2023, 09:33:39 PM »
That hag doesn't want her mouth to be shut.  She wants to force everyone who disagrees with her to shut up to put their backs to a bloody wall.

FIFY If history is anything to go by
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1566 on: May 29, 2023, 10:43:08 PM »
Looks like just urban chaos.  Thankfully it appears no one was killed.

9 people, at least one child, shot on Hollywood Broadwalk (Miami)
https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/police-respond-to-reports-of-multiple-people-shot-at-hollywood-broadwalk/

MIAMI - Nine people, including at least one child, were transported to area hospitals following a mass shooting at the Hollywood Broadwalk on Monday afternoon.

A City of Hollywood spokesperson confirmed 9 people had been shot.

It started with an altercation between two groups, which escalated to shots being fired, according to Hollywood officials.

One person of interest has been detained and police are currently looking for a second individual.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1567 on: May 30, 2023, 11:05:13 AM »
Looks like just urban chaos.  Thankfully it appears no one was killed.

9 people, at least one child, shot on Hollywood Broadwalk (Miami)
https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/police-respond-to-reports-of-multiple-people-shot-at-hollywood-broadwalk/

Newsom blames FL new permit-less carry law. Small problem, it doesn't go into effect until July 1st among other things.

Gavin Newsom blames DeSantis-signed bill for Florida shooting, gets fact-checked
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gavin-newsom-blames-desantis-signed-bill-florida-shooting-fact-checked
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1568 on: May 30, 2023, 11:25:01 AM »
Is it really "Broadwalk," or is that a typo that keeps getting replicated?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1569 on: May 30, 2023, 11:31:04 AM »
Is it really "Broadwalk," or is that a typo that keeps getting replicated?

Going to the Walk's website it's Boardwalk

https://www.miamibeachboardwalk.com/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1570 on: May 30, 2023, 01:13:52 PM »
Discussing the correct spelling of "boardwalk" may seem pointless to some, but it's actually slightly more effective than gun control.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1571 on: May 30, 2023, 07:16:36 PM »
Man shoots pro-life activist during argument, receives "sentence" of community service, and $347.19 fine:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-man-sentenced-community-service-shooting-elderly-pro-life-volunteer

I suppose we should be thankful Biden didn't give him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1572 on: May 30, 2023, 07:23:30 PM »
Man shoots pro-life activist during argument, receives "sentence" of community service, and $347.19 fine:

This should be 18 years.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1573 on: May 31, 2023, 11:35:58 AM »
I suppose we should be thankful Biden didn't give him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Don't give the people running Biden's administration ideas.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #1574 on: May 31, 2023, 12:56:37 PM »
From a Washington Post hit piece on home schooling:

At a time when home education was still a fringe phenomenon, the Bealls had grown up in the most powerful and ideologically committed faction of the modern home-schooling movement. That movement, led by deeply conservative Christians, saw home schooling as a way of life — a conscious rejection of contemporary ideas about biology, history, gender equality and the role of religion in American government.

A conscious rejection of biology and history - doesn't that sound a lot like the transgenderism and 1619 garbage they're pushing in public schools? Not to mention all the times public schools have been caught violating first-amendment religious rights (speaking of rejecting contemporary ideas about religion & government).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/interactive/2023/christian-home-schoolers-revolt/
[Yes, probably behind a paywall. Not everything on the internet is free.]