Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 98094 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #775 on: June 16, 2024, 10:21:07 AM »
According to MSNBC, the big disadvantage for Biden in the upcoming debates is that the bar is set so incredibly high. Regarding Trump's bar (according to MSNBC):

https://twitter.com/i/status/1802329924629381565

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/06/16/msnbc-host-is-worried-bar-is-so-high-for-biden-watch-n2397339

This whole flipping things to make Trump the one with dementia is one of the more incredible gaslighting schemes that I have seen.

Same people that will also tell you men can have periods and can get pregnant, and grocery prices are coming down. Complete detachment from reality is a feature at MSNBC not a bug. MSNBC would be called a satire site if not for the fact they expect you to take them seriously. Scary part is I actually know people who do take them seriously and believe without question everything they say.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 10:39:11 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #776 on: June 18, 2024, 12:47:33 PM »
Panic! MAGAs are going to create "Clarence Thomas’s America"!

Indeed, Republicans would feel politically compelled to do so. Last week, the nation’s largest Protestant denomination, Southern Baptists, voted “for the resolution opposing IVF, which also urged the denomination’s members ‘to advocate for the government to restrain actions inconsistent with the dignity and value of every human being, which necessarily includes frozen embryonic human beings.’” No one should doubt that if the GOP prevails in the fall, its base will demand Republicans ban it all: contraception, IVF, mifepristone and all other forms of abortion.

So be forewarned: If MAGA extremists return power, they and their radical handmaidens on the Supreme Court will not hesitate to create Clarence Thomas’s America. It won’t be a place that the vast majority of Americans find congenial — or even recognizable.
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/06/18/jennifer-rubin-fearmongering-trump-piece-n2397394

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #777 on: June 18, 2024, 01:55:06 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #778 on: June 18, 2024, 02:02:27 PM »
Why is she so racist?

They can't be racist and only a white person, aka racist, would say otherwise.
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #779 on: June 18, 2024, 02:54:27 PM »
As the left is running with "The Biden videos are all republican deep fakes", they are also doing this:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/06/18/brian-tyler-cohens-attempt-at-pretending-trump-needed-help-off-stage-n2397397
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #780 on: June 18, 2024, 10:39:46 PM »
Trump needs to run on this

Joy Behar and Rachel Maddow warn that Donald Trump will "cancel The View" if he's elected.https://t.co/7YVWiwc7JL
    — OutKick (@Outkick) June 18, 2024

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/06/18/is-that-a-promise-rachel-maddow-and-joy-behar-worry-about-the-view-being-canceled-if-trump-wins-n2397403
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #781 on: June 19, 2024, 03:22:56 PM »
Dear God, No: Colbert Asks Guest Anthony Fauci If He'd Consider Running for President
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/06/19/fauci-on-colbert-n2397384

Further down in the comments is a reminder of just how nauseatingly in the vaccine camp Colbert was/is [barf]

https://x.com/ms_babyrussell/status/1604570364142649346

Now it could be said that was maybe possibly satire but I don't think so.
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?
--Thomas Jefferson

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #783 on: June 19, 2024, 03:49:01 PM »
The Hillary/Fauci ticket.

Where's that bottle of bourbon?
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #784 on: June 23, 2024, 10:32:02 AM »
Wow, will Snopes now be labeled an extreme far right wing site?

The left-leaning fact-checking website Snopes acknowledged Saturday that former President Trump never called neo-Nazis "very fine people" during his press conference following the Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rally in 2017.

The Snopes fact check now aligns with years of arguments from Trump's camp, who long stated, backed by transcript and video, that his comments were taken out of context. The fact-checker notes that the false claim about Trump's comments "spread like wildfire" on the left, eventually being cited as a cornerstone of Biden's election campaign.

Left wing fact-checker admits Trump never called Charlottesville neo-Nazis ‘very fine people’ in blow to Biden
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/left-wing-fact-checker-admits-trump-never-called-charlottesville-neo-nazis-very-fine-people-blow-biden
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #785 on: June 23, 2024, 05:18:52 PM »
Wow, will Snopes now be labeled an extreme far right wing site?

Left wing fact-checker admits Trump never called Charlottesville neo-Nazis ‘very fine people’ in blow to Biden
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/left-wing-fact-checker-admits-trump-never-called-charlottesville-neo-nazis-very-fine-people-blow-biden

>:D Did "someplace" just freeze over???  :O  ;/
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #786 on: June 23, 2024, 06:31:18 PM »
Snopes has fallen. Internet dies in darkness.
Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?
--Thomas Jefferson

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #787 on: June 24, 2024, 04:42:07 PM »
CNN's Kasie Hunt  shuts down Trump's campaign spokesperson for criticizing Jake Tapper:

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1805226585680719882

... which led to this:

https://x.com/PapiTrumpo/status/1805300955111453139

;)
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #788 on: June 24, 2024, 05:30:34 PM »
CNN's Kasie Hunt  shuts down Trump's campaign spokesperson for criticizing Jake Tapper:

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1805226585680719882

... which led to this:

https://x.com/PapiTrumpo/status/1805300955111453139

;)

Trump wins the debate just for showing up with the entire thing rigged against him. Somehow these people don't realize/care that there is video of Tapper literally calling Trump a nazi.

With tinfoil in place, I wouldn't bet against a "critical event" Thursday morning that requires the President and cancels the debate.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #789 on: June 24, 2024, 10:56:52 PM »
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #790 on: June 25, 2024, 03:28:18 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #791 on: June 25, 2024, 08:12:39 PM »
Why is the President of the United States wearing a Ukrainian flag lapel pin? I know the morons in Congress like to do it, but this should absolutely not be on the President. I don't care that it's crossed with the US lapel pin.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #792 on: June 25, 2024, 08:15:00 PM »
Why is the President of the United States wearing a Ukrainian flag lapel pin? I know the morons in Congress like to do it, but this should absolutely not be on the President. I don't care that it's crossed with the US lapel pin.

Probably thinks it's a pride flag
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

JN01

• friend
« Reply #793 on: June 25, 2024, 08:33:12 PM »
Probably thinks he's the president of Ukraine.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #794 on: June 25, 2024, 08:44:55 PM »
Probably thinks he's the president of Ukraine.

He's just thanking his benefactor.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #795 on: June 25, 2024, 10:34:31 PM »
Looks like Bowman is losing his seat.

To a straight, white male.

--Thomas Jefferson

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #796 on: June 26, 2024, 06:02:15 AM »
Looks like AOC is keeping hers
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #797 on: June 26, 2024, 09:20:37 AM »

Also note the colors of his necktie.  That's not a coincidence.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #798 on: June 26, 2024, 09:24:43 AM »
Looks like Bowman is losing his seat.

To a straight, white male.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #799 on: June 26, 2024, 09:26:36 AM »