Author Topic: Gun Control Watch  (Read 31414 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Gun Control Watch
« Reply #500 on: February 21, 2024, 01:49:46 PM »
"Get rid of the guns"
How about we get rid of the gangs instead and we leave my rights alone?

Get rid of the guns. In Kansas, Missouri, everywhere. Amend the Constitution and protect our kids.
https://kansasreflector.com/2024/02/20/get-rid-of-the-guns-in-kansas-missouri-everywhere-amend-the-constitution-and-protect-our-kids/
They always say that like they think it is an actual achievable goal.  They can't put a dent in black market guns now. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #501 on: February 26, 2024, 05:14:45 PM »
I guess here is good for this. It's two years old, but just popped up on my feed. A few people did an open carry walk in Nichols Hill Oklahoma (I don't know anything about the place other than I guess it's ritzy) and the open carry group got some of the 911 calls to put in the video.

"I support the second amendment, but..."
"I own two houses and I'm a member of the country club!"  :rofl:

https://youtu.be/pRbj_fNqgsQ
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #502 on: February 27, 2024, 07:27:55 PM »
Gee, I thought banning guns was suppose to make everyone safer?

In the 5 years since NZ knee jerked banned most private semi-auto firearm ownership violence crime has increased 33%
Now some in NZ are thinking about reversing the ban at least for some.

New Zealand Lawmakers Have Second Thoughts About Semi-Auto Ban
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024/02/27/new-zealand-lawmakers-have-second-thoughts-about-semi-auto-ban-n1223994

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2024, 04:36:11 PM »
Gee, I thought banning guns was suppose to make everyone safer?

In the 5 years since NZ knee jerked banned most private semi-auto firearm ownership violence crime has increased 33%
Now some in NZ are thinking about reversing the ban at least for some.

New Zealand Lawmakers Have Second Thoughts About Semi-Auto Ban
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2024/02/27/new-zealand-lawmakers-have-second-thoughts-about-semi-auto-ban-n1223994

Ain't "hindsight" wonderful??  :facepalm:  [popcorn]  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2024, 09:19:11 PM »
Gretchen Carlson fact checking Ben Shapiro on AR-15 ownership. She states that in 1992, AR-15s composed ONLY 21 out of every 100 guns. By 2020, it was 1 out of every 5 guns!!!!!

:rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LRHolzeW4m4?feature=share
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #505 on: February 29, 2024, 10:05:32 AM »
Gretchen Carlson fact checking Ben Shapiro on AR-15 ownership. She states that in 1992, AR-15s composed ONLY 21 out of every 100 guns. By 2020, it was 1 out of every 5 guns!!!!!

:rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LRHolzeW4m4?feature=share
I am surprised the statistic was that high in 1992. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #506 on: February 29, 2024, 10:23:07 AM »
I am surprised the statistic was that high in 1992.

Me too.  I thought it only really took off with the 1994 ban.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #507 on: February 29, 2024, 10:32:11 AM »
I think a lot of people underestimate how much the gun industry as a whole has taken off since the turn of the century.

You can only easily find the NICS numbers back to 1999, but they went from 9.1 Million in 1999 to 29.8 million in 2023.  SO it's pretty safe to say20% of firearms manufactured in 1992 was probably close to the number of AR's sold in any given month in 2023.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #508 on: February 29, 2024, 02:01:32 PM »
Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2024/02/atf-eforms-system-shut-down-claims-budgeting-concerns/#ixzz8T9obCRyW
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

ATF eForms System Shut Down Claims Budgeting Concerns

Earlier in the week, AmmoLand News received a concerning tip from an anonymous source about the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) eForms system being shut down for the foreseeable future. This tip came through our anonymous tip box and was also given to YouTuber DLD After Dark by a second source and passed on to AmmoLand. Without verification, we were unable to share the information with the public.
-----------
Since being informed of the pending shutdown, the eForms system went offline exactly when our sources predicted it would. AmmoLand News was able to verify the information with a third party that this wasn’t an unscheduled outage and was planned by the ATF. The vendor responsible for eForms received notification that the system would be taken offline for “Congressional budgeting concerns.”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #509 on: February 29, 2024, 02:17:47 PM »
BREAKING: ATF Shuts Down EFORMS Because Of The Budget?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0eDlQa5rz8

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #510 on: February 29, 2024, 02:18:50 PM »
See something somewhere it was for maintenance.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #511 on: February 29, 2024, 03:09:03 PM »
See something somewhere it was for maintenance.

If it's not for something like maintenance, then it's clearly gotta be political. Someone feel free to correct me, but my guess would be that e-forms save the ATF time and money over paper forms.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #512 on: February 29, 2024, 04:14:32 PM »
If it's not for something like maintenance, then it's clearly gotta be political. Someone feel free to correct me, but my guess would be that e-forms save the ATF time and money over paper forms.

Being kind of optimistic and not willing to wrap myself in aluminum foil quite yet I am taking the eForms suutdown on the uncertainty of having money budgeted. Once again the .gov is running on a short term continuing resolution. Those douches elected to lead the government have one real job, provide money to keep the government open and that is the one thing they can never get right.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #513 on: February 29, 2024, 05:25:24 PM »
HOLY HELL!

Rep. Lucy McBath
@RepLucyMcBath
With assault rifles, exit wounds can be a foot wide. The victim’s skull explodes on impact. Organs rupture, bones shatter, the shards serve as shrapnel and tear tissue to pieces.

There is a reason we never see the images after a mass murder—many of the bodies no longer exist.

Ketanji Brown Jackson and Elena Kagan repeatedly insisted bump stock-equipped guns can fire up to 800 rounds a second. That’s false.

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/02/29/ketanji-brown-jackson-bumpstocks-fire-800-rounds-per-second-n2393450

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #514 on: February 29, 2024, 05:32:17 PM »
It was pretty much a forgone conclusion how they are going to vote on this even before it started.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #515 on: March 01, 2024, 10:11:28 PM »
eForms is back up

At 3:59 Eastern Time today, the site was brought back online. Apparently, it was just some technical glitch or an emergency service that needed to be performed because of some other issue. ATF didn’t offer any reasons, only that it was back up.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/atf-eforms-back-up-conspiracy-theories-silenced-by-reemergence-of-online-bureaucracy/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #516 on: March 03, 2024, 07:50:53 AM »
My bad for not paying attention, but apparently John Cornyn is something of a gun grabber (or at the very least, a fudd)? I bring it up because he's apparently a prime contender for McConnell's old position, and the gun rights groups are coming out in force in opposition.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conservative-gun-rights-groups-come-out-swinging-against-john-cornyns-bid-replace-mitch-mcconnell

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #517 on: March 05, 2024, 08:21:44 AM »
ATF Director and his firearms expertise. It's 20min long, but you can get the gist in about the first three minutes with the "clip" and a semiauto with a bump stock and a machine gun "being the same thing".

https://twitter.com/i/status/1764420588133626357

Also, I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but from the comments, he doesn't know how to get the slide off a Glock. Wasn't he a field agent at one point?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #518 on: March 05, 2024, 09:16:29 AM »
Not the first time he has displayed a noticeable lack of firearm knowledge, Apparently basic firearm knowledge isn't a requirement to work at the ATF let alone run it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #519 on: March 05, 2024, 09:18:45 AM »
Holy hell. I watched the whole thing. I encourage you guys to pop some blood pressure meds and do the same. The lies and leading questions are remarkable. This is a Face the Nation segment, so lots of people with no firearms knowledge, and perhaps no bias, could easily be swayed to, "Do something for the children!" from this.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #520 on: March 06, 2024, 08:17:06 PM »
Wow, that's quite a list of bills. The dems in Virginia has been busy.

Virginia Alert: Remind Governor Youngkin Multiple Anti-Gun Bills Need VETO
https://www.ammoland.com/2024/03/virginia-alert-remind-governor-youngkin-multiple-anti-gun-bills-need-veto/

Here are the bills that are either on the Governor’s desk now or will be on his desk later this week. He will have until mid-April to act on them:

HB2, bans “assault firearms” and magazines holding more than 10 rounds made after July 1, 2024. The definition of “assault firearm” is expanded to capture more types of firearms. It also prohibits ownership of “assault firearms” by young adults.
    SB2, bans “assault firearms” and magazines holding more than 10 rounds made after July 1, 2024. The definition of “assault firearm” is expanded to capture more types of firearms. It also prohibits ownership of “assault firearms” by young adults.
    HB46, requires someone holding firearms for a prohibited person to be 21 or older and to live at a different address.
    SB47, requires someone holding firearms for a prohibited person to be 21 or older and to live at a different address.
    SB57, prohibits a CHP holder from carrying a concealed handgun on the premises of a restaurant or club that serves alcoholic beverages.
    SB99, prohibits the carry of semi-automatic firearms with certain cosmetic features in public areas and removes an exemption for CHP holders.
    SB100, requires serialization of homemade guns made after 1968.
    HB173, requires serialization of homemade guns made after 1968.
    HB175, prohibits the carry of “assault firearms” in public areas, regardless of whether they are loaded, and removes an exemption for CHP holders.
    HB183, requires all firearms in a home, that are not being carried by the owner, to be locked up if there is a minor present.
    SB225, requires schools to text or email subjective information on guns to parents at the start of a school year.
    SB258, expands the things a judge can consider and must consider when issuing an Extreme Risk Protection Order (Red Flag).
    SB273, requires a five-day waiting period for firearm sales.
    HB318, allows for frivolous lawsuits against the gun industry in a blatant attempt to litigate a legitimate industry out of business.
    SB327, makes it illegal for young adults to purchase an “assault firearm.” The definition of “assault firearm” is expanded to capture more types of firearms.
    HB351, requires a person purchasing a firearm to sign certification that no minor lives in the home or a locking device must be included with the firearm.
    HB362, adds “dating relationship” to the definition of a “domestic relationship” for purposes of prohibiting guns for misdemeanor domestic violence.
    SB363, makes it unlawful to possess, sell, or distribute a firearm with an altered serial number.
    SB368, requires all firearms in a home, that are not being carried by the owner, to be locked up if there is a minor present.
    SB383, prohibits firearms in higher education buildings unless part of an authorized program or activity in that building.
    SB447, creates a $500 fine and makes a vehicle subject to towing if there is a visible handgun inside an unattended vehicle.
    HB454, prohibits firearms in higher education buildings unless part of an authorized program or activity in that building.
    HB466, severely restricts recognition of out-of-state CHPs.
    SB491, allows for frivolous lawsuits against the gun industry.
    HB498, requires schools to text subjective information on guns to parents at the start of a school year.
    SB515, prohibits firearms in hospitals.
    SB522, removes NRA and USCCA training courses from the list of qualified training courses to get a CHP.
    HB585, prohibits home-based Federal Firearms Licensees from operating within 1.5 miles of any elementary or middle school.
    HB637, creates a training program to make more frequent use of Substantial Risk Orders (Red Flag).
    SB642, adds “dating relationship” to the definition of a “domestic relationship” for purposes of prohibiting guns for misdemeanor domestic violence.
    HB797, removes NRA and USCCA training courses from the list of qualified training courses to get a CHP.
    HB798, takes away a person’s right to own a firearm for several misdemeanor convictions, including simple assault.
    HB799, requires a person be fingerprinted when applying for a new or renewed CHP.
    HB861, prohibits firearms in hospitals.
    HB939, prohibits firearms within 100 feet of an electoral board, voter registration, voter satellite building, or a drop-off location or absentee voter precinct.
    HB1174, makes it illegal for young adults to purchase an “assault firearm.” The definition of “assault firearm” is expanded to capture more types of firearms.
    HB1195, requires a five-day waiting period for firearm sales.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #521 on: March 14, 2024, 05:46:01 PM »
"Amend the Constitution for a right to safety."

Shut up, haircut. Keep your nose out of other states' business.

https://twitchy.com/rickrobinson/2024/03/14/gun-grabber-gavin-newsom-was-foiled-again-cue-the-worlds-smallest-violin-n2393952

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #522 on: March 19, 2024, 05:54:43 PM »
So if an illegal immigrant -by definition a criminal - can own a gun in the US, I wonder if convicted felons of other crimes can now start legally buying guns as well?

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/03/19/judge-rules-that-illegal-immigrants-are-protected-under-second-amendment-n2394152

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #523 on: March 19, 2024, 07:39:02 PM »
Convicted vs. Not Convicted.

Yes, I know that someone here illegally is prima facie a criminal, but if they haven't been convicted,  they haven't been convicted.   I don't think punished unconvicted people is a line we should even consider approaching.   You guys actually convinced me I was wrong on the Rep kicked out of Congress, and this is even more clear cut.

I also tend to agree with the judge here. Where the Constitution means "Citizen" it says so. Where it says "People" it means everyone.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #524 on: March 19, 2024, 07:59:17 PM »
Wonder how they’re gonna answer that pesky question on the 4473.