Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 115793 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #1600 on: June 12, 2024, 03:29:27 PM »
This is not from the Babylon Bee
You can't hate the media enough

https://x.com/Osint613/status/1800309780957036778

WaPo: Iron Dome Defense Perpetuates Israel-Gaza Conflict
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/06/11/wapo-iron-dome-defense-perpetuates-israel-gaza-conflict-n2397181

And right on the heels of me posting that Hezbollah is like "don't forget about us"

Hezbollah terrorists launch massive rocket attack on Israel amid mounting tensions
https://www.foxnews.com/world/hezbollah-terrorists-launch-massive-rocket-attack-israel-amid-mounting-tensions
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1601 on: June 12, 2024, 07:48:13 PM »
Like I said, You do You.  I was just offering some more context.

I will add that if you think anything Hamas has done this year disqualifies them from "Human" you have a remarkably naive view of what humanity is capable of.  They are very much "humans".

True.
Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?
--Thomas Jefferson

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1602 on: June 13, 2024, 05:07:43 PM »
Guess it can now be said they've gone medieval on them, literally!

OSINTNic
@OSINTNic
The IDF uses a catapult (trébuchet) on the border with Lebanon

https://x.com/OSINTNic/status/1801028004006547616

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1603 on: June 13, 2024, 05:20:16 PM »
An Israeli military official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly, said the weapon is not part of the IDF’s standard arsenal and is believed to have been built by reservist soldiers stationed on the border.

The official said that while the weapon was not sanctioned by military leadership, the troops were fulfilling a legitimate military task of burning away thick shrubbery along the border where Hezbollah fighters sometimes hide.

The weapon will not be used again, the official added. The Israel Defense Forces did not respond to a request for a formal comment
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/israeli-troops-use-medieval-style-trebuchet-weapon-fighting-lebanon-bo-rcna157041

Bonus points if Hezbollah fighters were hiding in the shrubbery at the time.  >:D
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1604 on: June 14, 2024, 07:13:52 AM »
"A useful weapon for besieging medieval castles, it dwindled into irrelevance with the advent of reliable gunpowder artillery. "

I can't find any information on use of trebuchets in World War I, but both sides did use catapults, balistae, slingshots and other medieval inspired weaponry to lob grenades and bombs into the enemy's trenches.

Ah, here we go... French troops with a grenade catapult.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1605 on: June 14, 2024, 03:04:09 PM »

Ah, here we go... French troops with a grenade catapult.

... for launching cows at the English?
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1606 on: June 14, 2024, 03:07:16 PM »
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #1607 on: June 14, 2024, 03:07:48 PM »

... for launching cows at the English?

And farting in their general direction.
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1608 on: June 14, 2024, 03:17:13 PM »
Trébuchets are useful in returning terrorists
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1609 on: June 14, 2024, 03:23:44 PM »
I could see them having a useful spot in the US's deportation process as well.

Ref: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/06/11/isis-arrests-philadelphia-ny-la/74062857007/

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1610 on: June 14, 2024, 04:49:44 PM »
I could see them having a useful spot in the US's deportation process as well.

https://youtu.be/3ukqiltR-90?t=96

(okay, it's a catapult and not a trebuchet)

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1611 on: June 18, 2024, 06:07:54 PM »
Tangentially related: the Houthis are using drone boats against shipping in the Red Sea.

https://x.com/Mrgunsngear/status/1802820632536629610

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1612 on: June 21, 2024, 06:01:02 AM »
You want to tell them?

But that's not all

Rep. Rashida Tlaib, Nina Turner: Palestinian Liberation and Black Liberation Are Interconnected
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/06/20/rep-rashida-tlaib-nina-turner-palestinian-liberation-and-black-liberation-are-interconnected-n2397497
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1613 on: June 21, 2024, 09:00:21 AM »
"You want to tell them?"

No. I think I'd enjoy the looks of shocked horror on their faces as the try to learn to fly...

And fail.

Sort of like blacks who espouse great admiration and love for Che... and then someone explains to them how violently racist he was against blacks.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1614 on: June 21, 2024, 09:47:02 PM »
School district apologizes for calling ISIS a terrorist group in a quiz

'The question was offensive and contrary to our values of respect, inclusivity, and cultural sensitivity'

Should have called them "mostly peaceful"

New Jersey school district apologizes for offending Muslim group with question about ISIS terror group in quiz
https://www.foxnews.com/media/new-jersey-school-district-apologizes-offending-muslim-group-question-about-isis-terror-group-quiz
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1615 on: June 24, 2024, 07:57:57 AM »
There were no rapes of Israeli women by Hamas men, but there were rapes of Hamas men by specially trained Israeli dogs.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/06/23/briahna-joy-gray-says-israel-is-training-dogs-to-rape-n2397589
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1616 on: June 24, 2024, 08:02:54 AM »
There were no rapes of Israeli women by Hamas men, but there were rapes of Hamas men by specially trained Israeli dogs.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/06/23/briahna-joy-gray-says-israel-is-training-dogs-to-rape-n2397589
Weird, I figured they'd use the Jewish Space Laser to get cats to attack prisoners.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1617 on: June 24, 2024, 06:56:57 PM »
Related to the region, according to S2 Underground, the Houthis have been upping the USV attacks on commercial shipping. To include converting ordinary fishing skiffs, and placing mannequins in them in hopes of military forces taking too long to identify them as threats rather than fishing boats.

https://youtu.be/zY8u7FiihnU
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1618 on: July 05, 2024, 08:00:00 PM »
One way tickets to their *expletive deleted*it hole country of choice. If they don't choose one one will be chosen for them.

Shaun Maguire
@shaunmmaguire
Burning the American flag 🇺🇸 on the 4th of July in NYC, while proudly waving Palestinian flags

https://x.com/shaunmmaguire/status/1809208371670577382
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1619 on: July 10, 2024, 07:50:25 AM »
It looks like they will likely not re-install the pier. That ended up being a great use of resources and money. Also, it's interesting how Israel's "genocide" has practically disappeared from the headlines now that the left had discovered what the rest of us have known about Brandon all along.

https://apnews.com/article/gaza-pier-humanitarian-aid-f3e21c072630c0d9cb9498d3a0e27a55

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1620 on: July 10, 2024, 09:07:14 AM »
It looks like they will likely not re-install the pier. That ended up being a great use of resources and money. Also, it's interesting how Israel's "genocide" has practically disappeared from the headlines now that the left had discovered what the rest of us have known about Brandon all along.

https://apnews.com/article/gaza-pier-humanitarian-aid-f3e21c072630c0d9cb9498d3a0e27a55

To be fair, they aren't reinstalling it right now because they have put more air ashore than can be delivered.  There's no point in stabbing the beach with the pier and exposing it to waves and damage when there's no more space to put trucks ashore.   When the UN manages to actually deliver aid to folks in Gaza, and the holding yard has more space, they can run the Modular Causeway back down the coast and put it back on the beach.

U.S. is considering not re-installing it unless the aid begins flowing out into the population again, U.S. officials said Friday.

While the military has helped deliver desperately needed food through the pier, the vast majority of it is still sitting in the adjacent storage yard and that area is almost full. Aid agencies have had difficulty moving the food to areas further into Gaza where it is most needed because the humanitarian convoys have come under attack.

The U.N., which has the widest reach in delivering aid to starving Palestinians, hasn’t been distributing food and other emergency supplies arriving through the pier since June 9.

Onward movement of supplies delivered over the shore is not a US Army mission.

TL;DR: We did our job, call us when the UN has done theirs and opened up more space and we'll go back to work.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1621 on: July 10, 2024, 09:53:32 AM »
TL;DR: We did our job, call us when the UN has done theirs and opened up more space and we'll go back to work.

Outside of the Hamas intercepting aid component, it sounds a lot like, was it Haiti, where we are still finding ginormous stashes of stuff like bottled water, that never made it to where it was needed, or else was more than was needed?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1622 on: July 10, 2024, 10:05:07 AM »
Outside of the Hamas intercepting aid component, it sounds a lot like, was it Haiti, where we are still finding ginormous stashes of stuff like bottled water, that never made it to where it was needed, or else was more than was needed?

Even in the US
This reminds me of Puerto Rico where the gov was on TV crying how mean racist Trump was withholding aid to PR after a hurricane and it turned out she was the one sitting on the aid in warehouses in PR after it was shipped there.
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1623 on: July 10, 2024, 10:08:37 AM »
Yep.  PR and Haiti both had the same issue.  Getting it all there is one part, supporting logistics over the shore is another part.  The US Army has entire units dedicated to the art of onward movement, and we spend a whole bunch of effort on it.

Lots of times in non-combat areas however, that part of the mission is given to other agencies due to ......reasons.  Those other agencies almost always underestimate the challenge of logistics in non-permissive environments and muck it all up.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1624 on: July 10, 2024, 10:11:15 AM »

This reminds me of Puerto Rico

Yeah, PR and that whack woman governor is actually what I was thinking of.