Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 115793 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #1575 on: June 09, 2024, 02:40:55 PM »
Just released?

As in, inferring that Hamas took pity on them and released them out of the goodness of their Allah-loving hearts?

Of course, it couldn't have been a rescue, because that would infer that Hamas did something wrong by snatching civilians as hostages. And that wouldn't be the right message to send, would it?

Going to have to see if I can find it again.

Edit:

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1576 on: June 09, 2024, 03:55:39 PM »
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1577 on: June 09, 2024, 04:20:58 PM »
Get ready to facepalm hard

Sammy Obeid
@SammyObeid
Speaking for myself only. But if I ever get taken hostage, and the only way to free me is by killing hundreds to thousands of civilians, just leave me.
Rebekah Jones
@GeoRebekah
I said the same thing. These people were fed and healthy.  They were not at risk of imminent death.
10:00 AM · Jun 9, 2024
·
 Views
https://x.com/GeoRebekah/status/1799803679383715911

Rebekah Jones: Israeli Captives Held By Hamas Were 'Fed and Healthy'
https://twitchy.com/amy/2024/06/09/rebekah-jones-israelis-held-captive-by-hamas-were-fed-and-healthy-n2397121

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1578 on: June 09, 2024, 04:22:47 PM »
Get ready to facepalm hard

"Speaking for myself only. But if I ever get taken hostage, and the only way to free me is by killing hundreds to thousands of civilians, just leave me."

Your terms are acceptable.
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1579 on: June 09, 2024, 10:16:57 PM »
Oh and CNN reported the hostages were released

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1580 on: June 09, 2024, 10:26:43 PM »
"Speaking for myself only. But if I ever get taken hostage, and the only way to free me is by killing hundreds to thousands of civilians, just leave me."

Your terms are acceptable.

Personally, I would do everything I can to interfere with, impede, and generally piss my captors off.  If they go ahead and kill me - fine.  At least I would be free and they couldn't use me as a hostage any more.  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1581 on: June 10, 2024, 08:27:24 PM »
Palestinian Researchers Discover Startling Correlation Between Holding Hostages In Your Home And People Shooting You
https://babylonbee.com/news/palestinian-researchers-discover-startling-correlation-between-holding-hostages-in-your-home-and-people-shooting-you
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1582 on: June 10, 2024, 08:29:29 PM »
Here's How 12 Different News Outlets Covered Israel's Hostage Rescue
https://babylonbee.com/news/heres-how-12-different-news-outlets-covered-israels-hostage-rescue
1. The Babylon Bee: Breaking: Gaza Health Ministry Confirms 8 Billion Dead In Israeli Hostage Rescue

2. New York Times: Breaking: Gaza Health Ministry Confirms 8 Billion Dead In Israeli Hostage Rescue
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1583 on: June 10, 2024, 09:30:04 PM »
Things are getting interesting around the White House. But don't worry, police have orders to arrest anyone with a pine tree flag

https://x.com/rawsalerts/status/1799503228276469765

Guess no pine tree flags were seen.

Police Made No Protest-Related Arrests During Saturday's Pro-Hamas Rally at the White House
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/06/10/police-made-no-protest-related-arrests-during-saturdays-pro-hamas-rally-at-the-white-house-n2397153

And they didn't vandalize a pride flag

- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1584 on: June 11, 2024, 06:47:17 AM »
Personally, I would do everything I can to interfere with, impede, and generally piss my captors off.  If they go ahead and kill me - fine.  At least I would be free and they couldn't use me as a hostage any more.  >:D

You do you, boo, but for the record this is pretty much the opposite of what they teach in SERE.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1585 on: June 11, 2024, 08:02:37 AM »
You do you, boo, but for the record this is pretty much the opposite of what they teach in SERE.

One of my coworkers was career Air Force and taught SERE most of his career.

Jumped out of a lot of airplanes.

He's got two new knees, a new hip, and needs the other hip replaced...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1586 on: June 11, 2024, 10:42:03 AM »

Because I like to learn something every day, what do they teach in SERE for these situations?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1587 on: June 11, 2024, 10:55:29 AM »
Because I like to learn something every day, what do they teach in SERE for these situations?

Very Briefly:

Attempt to humanize yourself to your captors by things like using names, not referring to large groups or "them".  Avoid sensitive topics like religion and politics, or anything else shown to be emotionally charged to your captors. Speak calmly and normally, don't yell or grovel.  Try to leave evidence of your existance everywhere they keep you.  If they offer communication to the outside try and include specific dates and proof of life.  But the big thing is avoid emotional subjects for your captors and manipulate them into seeing you as a person rather than an "other", if possible.  Also, understand that your day has already gone really bad, and it might not be possible.

There's some military specific stuff like Name, Rank, Serial number, and how to avoid giving up information during interrogations, but that's not really relevant to Hamas hostages.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1589 on: June 11, 2024, 02:29:27 PM »
"or anything else shown to be emotionally charged to your captors."

Welp, that means that any of us is completely *expletive deleted*ed if we're captured by a Bomb Throwing Jihadi, because EVERYTHING is emotionally charged to those aholes.

What are you doing, you infidel pig?

"Oh, just thinking about my girlfriend."

THINKING ABOUT AN UNCLEAN INFIDEL HARLOT? JIHAD! JJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

BOOM!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1590 on: June 12, 2024, 08:12:38 AM »
This is not from the Babylon Bee
You can't hate the media enough

https://x.com/Osint613/status/1800309780957036778

WaPo: Iron Dome Defense Perpetuates Israel-Gaza Conflict
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/06/11/wapo-iron-dome-defense-perpetuates-israel-gaza-conflict-n2397181
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1591 on: June 12, 2024, 08:16:15 AM »
Ahmed Al Asliken 🕋☪️✈️
@assliken
“Hamas not being able to kill Jews gives us the sads” - WaPo
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

griz

• friend
« Reply #1592 on: June 12, 2024, 09:09:39 AM »
So, is Israel evil because they will not cooperate in their own annihilation, or will they not cooperate in their own annihilation because they are evil?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1593 on: June 12, 2024, 09:13:40 AM »
"or anything else shown to be emotionally charged to your captors."

Welp, that means that any of us is completely *expletive deleted*ed if we're captured by a Bomb Throwing Jihadi, because EVERYTHING is emotionally charged to those aholes.

What are you doing, you infidel pig?

"Oh, just thinking about my girlfriend."

THINKING ABOUT AN UNCLEAN INFIDEL HARLOT? JIHAD! JJJJJJJJJJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

BOOM!
I have come across at least one person in my life who really didn't like Israel.  Not sure if they carried that to Jews in general as I didn't extend the conversation.  That was in Texas and not an immigrant.  I just imagine a Pallestinian with that same attitude.  An Israeli isn't going to have to do or say anything to elicit an emotionally charged reaction. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1594 on: June 12, 2024, 09:22:43 AM »
Found the actual Washington Post article and it's from 2021
Basically the writer bemoans the fact Israeli inflicts more casualties on it's enemies and as long as that keeps occurring Israeli will never settle for peace   :facepalm:
A good chunk of the article is how war like the Israeli are and they will never change because of the above.

Israel’s Iron Dome defense system protects Israeli lives. It also perpetuates the Israel-Gaza conflict.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/05/14/israels-iron-dome-defense-system-protects-israeli-lives-it-also-perpetuates-israel-gaza-conflict/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 09:37:35 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1595 on: June 12, 2024, 10:33:40 AM »
I have come across at least one person in my life who really didn't like Israel.  Not sure if they carried that to Jews in general as I didn't extend the conversation.  That was in Texas and not an immigrant.  I just imagine a Pallestinian with that same attitude.  An Israeli isn't going to have to do or say anything to elicit an emotionally charged reaction.

Sure.  Sometimes you're just *expletive deleted*ed.  I imagine if you get picked up by a human trafficker you're screwed as well.  No amount of pop psychology is going to save you from someone determined to sell you a chattel.  What the doctrine for captured personnel does is two fold:  It gives you the best chance if you aren't just *expletive deleted*ed, and it gives you guidelines to your behavior that has shown to help with living with yourself if you do make it back.

Also: my first comment was in the context of JTHunter saying what he would do if HE were captured.  An Israeli being held by Hamas has a much harder road to good treatment than an American captured abroad, as the dead, raped corpses can attest.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #1596 on: June 12, 2024, 02:08:57 PM »

Very Briefly:

Attempt to humanize yourself to your captors by things like using names, not referring to large groups or "them".  Avoid sensitive topics like religion and politics, or anything else shown to be emotionally charged to your captors. Speak calmly and normally, don't yell or grovel.  Try to leave evidence of your existance everywhere they keep you.  If they offer communication to the outside try and include specific dates and proof of life.  But the big thing is avoid emotional subjects for your captors and manipulate them into seeing you as a person rather than an "other", if possible.  Also, understand that your day has already gone really bad, and it might not be possible.

There's some military specific stuff like Name, Rank, Serial number, and how to avoid giving up information during interrogations, but that's not really relevant to Hamas hostages.

Considering that, by their actions, they have proven themselves to be "non-human", that wouldn't appear to work.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1597 on: June 12, 2024, 02:41:38 PM »
Like I said, You do You.  I was just offering some more context.

I will add that if you think anything Hamas has done this year disqualifies them from "Human" you have a remarkably naive view of what humanity is capable of.  They are very much "humans".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1598 on: June 12, 2024, 02:52:36 PM »
I will add that if you think anything Hamas has done this year disqualifies them from "Human" you have a remarkably naive view of what humanity is capable of.  They are very much "humans".

I'm currently slogging through the six volumes of "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire". I've been trying to comprehend the minds that thought up the various methods of torture mentioned in the book. Hamas are playing in the kiddie pool.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1599 on: June 12, 2024, 02:56:44 PM »

Hate it when people say "They acted like animals!" I like to ask them "Show me an animal that does this *expletive deleted*it?".
I've seen animals do some cruel stuff but nothing anywhere near the level of what humans will do to animals and each other.
No they acted very human sad to say.
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi