Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 52891 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #875 on: January 28, 2024, 05:45:48 PM »
Why do we have soldiers in these Muslim crapholes anyway?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #876 on: January 28, 2024, 05:49:14 PM »
Why do we have soldiers in these Muslim crapholes anyway?
Is that a rhetorical question?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #877 on: January 28, 2024, 06:29:13 PM »
Because democracy :lol:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #878 on: January 28, 2024, 07:28:39 PM »
Is that a rhetorical question?

Sort of.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #879 on: January 28, 2024, 10:07:21 PM »
I'm reading reports that a Jordanian govmnt spokesman says the attack and deaths happened at a US base in Syria (the US al-Tanf base), not on Jordanian soil.

Is Jordan telling the truth or is the western media telling the truth?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #880 on: January 29, 2024, 08:28:23 AM »
‘What difference, at this point, does it make?’

WE GET TO BOMB IRAN

Now everyone do the neocon snoopy happy dance!

and don't forget the tissues for Mitch McConnell and John Bolton and Bibi

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #881 on: January 29, 2024, 09:30:14 AM »
‘What difference, at this point, does it make?’

WE GET TO BOMB IRAN

Now everyone do the neocon snoopy happy dance!

and don't forget the tissues for Mitch McConnell and John Bolton and Bibi

Obligatory sound track:  Bomb, Bomb Iran
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #882 on: January 29, 2024, 11:43:59 AM »
Here we go!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68122706

And of course it those darn republicans's fault

Righty Twitter Serves David Frum a Nice, Cool Glass of STFU Juice for Blaming REPUBS for Dead Soldiers
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/29/frum-drone-if-only-wed-have-given-ukraine-money-n2392308
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #883 on: January 29, 2024, 12:03:02 PM »
I'm reading reports that a Jordanian govmnt spokesman says the attack and deaths happened at a US base in Syria (the US al-Tanf base), not on Jordanian soil.

Is Jordan telling the truth or is the western media telling the truth?

I heard from some folks on the ground in CENTCOM.

It hit the Logistics Support Base at Tower 22 on the Jordan/Syria border.

Because all the ME countries do not really get along, crossing international borders with our stuff is often complicated and takes some time.  As a result there are usually small logistical bases at each of the border crossing's in the region to allow cargo that gets stuck there to be taken care of and secured until the proper paperwork or bribes can be arraigned.  In addition, having little outposts around the region lets us forward deploy critical items that may be needed in combat, and it would take to long to get in from the main stores in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Tower 22 is one of these small bases.

For clarity, Tower 22 is a Jordainan Defense Force base on the border, I forget what they call it.  The US has a Logistics Support Base there, and we call our part Tower 22.

33.3139640433581, 38.70264493005613

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #884 on: January 29, 2024, 03:04:49 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I take comfort in knowing that we have the most capable president in history to properly handle such situations and that goes for his administration who I know all members were chosen specifically for their abilities in handling such weighty matters.

Now excuse me while I check supplies in the bunker.   
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 11:51:28 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #885 on: January 29, 2024, 05:04:49 PM »
Here is a sobering conversation on the topic. You don't have to trust the man, but listen to what he is saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-unBrF1o1eM

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #886 on: January 29, 2024, 05:36:55 PM »
I heard from some folks on the ground in CENTCOM.

It hit the Logistics Support Base at Tower 22 on the Jordan/Syria border.

Because all the ME countries do not really get along, crossing international borders with our stuff is often complicated and takes some time.  As a result there are usually small logistical bases at each of the border crossing's in the region to allow cargo that gets stuck there to be taken care of and secured until the proper paperwork or bribes can be arraigned.  In addition, having little outposts around the region lets us forward deploy critical items that may be needed in combat, and it would take to long to get in from the main stores in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Tower 22 is one of these small bases.

For clarity, Tower 22 is a Jordainan Defense Force base on the border, I forget what they call it.  The US has a Logistics Support Base there, and we call our part Tower 22.

33.3139640433581, 38.70264493005613
It crossed my mind that maybe Jordan doesn't want their citizens to think the government is allowing folks to bomb their country without ramifications. Plausible deniability for domestic consumption.  It's all smoke, mirrors and deception.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #887 on: January 31, 2024, 05:16:23 PM »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #888 on: January 31, 2024, 05:53:45 PM »
The Jews can manage their own war just fine if the USA lets them.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #889 on: January 31, 2024, 06:50:53 PM »

We'll never know....

Pb

• friend
« Reply #890 on: January 31, 2024, 08:49:41 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #891 on: January 31, 2024, 11:03:39 PM »

>:D  >:D  >:D  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #892 on: February 01, 2024, 11:14:13 AM »
Nothing to see here it wasn't Trump

Joe Biden tells the parents of one of the soldiers who died in Syria over the weekend that he lost his son Beau in Iraq.

His son died of brain cancer five years after returning from Iraq.
    pic.twitter.com/iQQ9owIptq
    — Greg Price (@greg_price11) February 1, 2024
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/02/01/biden-lies-about-his-son-beau-to-parents-who-lost-their-son-in-jordan-n2392443

- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #893 on: February 01, 2024, 03:41:02 PM »

Israel wouldn't last very long without generous US taxpayer funded subsidies, priority resupply and access to US weapon systems and US diplomacy running interference for them on the international stage.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #894 on: February 01, 2024, 06:04:45 PM »
Israel wouldn't last very long without generous US taxpayer funded subsidies, priority resupply and access to US weapon systems and US diplomacy running interference for them on the international stage.

Interesting.  I will say I don't see why we should be sending them (or most anyone else) any free stuff.

What does everyone else think?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #895 on: February 01, 2024, 07:50:35 PM »
Interesting.  I will say I don't see why we should be sending them (or most anyone else) any free stuff.

What does everyone else think?

We don't send them a lot of free stuff.  Much of it they purchase.  It may be at favorable rates, though I don't really know.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #896 on: February 01, 2024, 08:18:30 PM »
Israel receives several billion dollars a year in US foreign aid.

Probably so they can buy weapons from the MIC.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #897 on: February 01, 2024, 09:09:32 PM »
We don't send them a lot of free stuff.  Much of it they purchase.  It may be at favorable rates, though I don't really know.

Yeah, no. That's not a true statement.

We sell them stuff at a good rate, thenwave the payments anyway.  Israel is the top recipient of US foreign aid since WWII.

https://usafacts.org/articles/which-countries-receive-the-most-aid-from-the-us/

https://www.foreignassistance.gov/cd/israel/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #898 on: February 01, 2024, 09:13:15 PM »
Our tax dollars go to both sides of everything. We are paying the NGOs that are flooding our country with all these patriots that are flooding our southern border in brand new clothes and stuffed backpacks.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #899 on: February 02, 2024, 11:18:00 AM »
The organization with the employees who assisted Hamas on 07OCT was just nominated for the Nobel PEACE prize. You just can't make this *expletive deleted*it up.

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/02/02/unrwa-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-and-nobodys-very-surprised-n2392476
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."