Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 42562 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2023, 08:09:57 PM »
And Rep. Rashida Tlaib, a squad member, has finally weighed in.... with one of the most disgusting, pro-Islamic terrorism statements that has ever been made.

Link?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2023, 08:10:43 PM »
There will be blood in the streets! Oh wait....

Horse, Barn Door – Israel’s Minister of National Security Announces Relaxed Rules for Civilian Gun Ownership
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/horse-barn-door-israels-minister-of-national-security-announces-relaxed-rules-for-civilian-gun-ownership/

Not as relaxed as we would like but better than nothing
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2023, 08:52:01 PM »
Link?

Democratic Rep. Rashida Tlaib, an outspoken critic of Israel, has finally broken her silence on the unprecedented Hamas terrorist attack on Israel that has killed at least 600 Israelis and prompted Israel to officially declare war for the first time since 1973.

Tlaib's office released a statement to the Detroit News on Sunday, more than 24 hours after Hamas launched thousands of rockets at southern Israel.

"I grieve the Palestinian and Israeli lives lost yesterday, today, and every day," the statement reads. "As long as our country provides billions in unconditional funding to support the apartheid government, this heartbreaking cycle of violence will continue."

This is a second-hand quote; I assume it's accurate since they used quotation marks, but I haven't looked up the original source yet.
"It's good, though..."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2023, 08:56:14 PM »
And Rep. Rashida Tlaib, a squad member, has finally weighed in.... with one of the most disgusting, pro-Islamic terrorism statements that has ever been made.
This?
"I grieve the Palestinian and Israeli lives lost yesterday, today, and every day," the statement reads. "As long as our country provides billions in unconditional funding to support the apartheid government, this heartbreaking cycle of violence will continue."
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-rashida-tlaib-critic-israel-silent-hamas-terror-attacks-israeli-death-toll-climbs-600
7-11 was a part time job.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: October 09, 2023, 06:05:56 AM »
And then we should keep our nose, and money,  out of it on both sides.
Of course, we are way, way past that. On both sides.

This is a conflict that Israel fully has the capacity to wage and win on its own.  Hard to say on the potential follow on conflicts.

I agree it is nothing new, but I do tend to view the Israelis as the relatively “good guys” and the Hamas attacks as more wrong than whatever Hamas is claiming justifies their attacks today. I’m not calling my representatives to send money or boots to help them out, but I do wish them well and good hunting.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2023, 07:22:21 AM »
The Israeli Defense Minister has ordered a complete blockade of the Gaza Strip.

"I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip," Gallant said at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba. "There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed."

I can just imagine the cries of the squad now... "OH MY ALLAH! SUCH CRUELTY! FORCING PEOPLE TO GO WITHOUT THEIR TVS AND VIDEO GAMES! IT'S A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY!"

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2023, 08:34:18 AM »
Inshallah food and water will find their way in.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2023, 08:55:21 AM »
And the cycle continues
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2023, 09:29:24 AM »
There will be blood in the streets! Oh wait....

Horse, Barn Door – Israel’s Minister of National Security Announces Relaxed Rules for Civilian Gun Ownership
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/horse-barn-door-israels-minister-of-national-security-announces-relaxed-rules-for-civilian-gun-ownership/

Not as relaxed as we would like but better than nothing

Kind of a tangent, but I wonder how this would have played out if even 25% of the Israelis in the area were armed, whether concealed carrying, or having defensive firearms in their homes?

I still cannot fathom how strict Israelis gun laws have been, especially for residents of that particular area. Not having a 2nd Amendment, they could have still made an exception, or even made it a requirement, for citizens in key border areas to be armed, even as militias.

Certainly just handing out guns doesn't make effective defenders. I don't know for sure, but have just run across on the internet, that with the IDFs mandatory service requirements, a lot of draftees end up with less than optimal firearms training, so "military experience" doesn't mean someone will be an effective defender.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2023, 09:38:11 AM »
Certainly just handing out guns doesn't make effective defenders.
Seems like all the people taking the videos of roving gangs of terrorists could do quite a bit better shooting with a rifle rather than a phone camera.

Ideal training or not, I have to imagine that the terrorists would have to switch up tactics a bit if every time they started to wander down the street on foot or in soft-skinned vehicles to pick off pedestrians they came under fire from elevated positions.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2023, 09:42:05 AM »
I had no idea that Israel had cracked down that hard on private firearms ownership and carrying.

Wow. They were turning into a major American city... WE NEED GUN CONTROL! Well, not for criminals, but for citizens! It's logical, don't you know!

*expletive deleted*ing insane.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2023, 09:49:57 AM »
Seems like all the people taking the videos of roving gangs of terrorists could do quite a bit better shooting with a rifle rather than a phone camera.

Ideal training or not, I have to imagine that the terrorists would have to switch up tactics a bit if every time they started to wander down the street on foot or in soft-skinned vehicles to pick off pedestrians they came under fire from elevated positions.

No disagreement. Even "uncoordinated suppressive fire" would have negatively affected the gangs. I was just getting at, living in a place like that, some gov supported defensive firearms training could have made a world of difference.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #87 on: October 09, 2023, 09:58:52 AM »
I can just imagine the cries of the squad now... "OH MY ALLAH! SUCH CRUELTY! FORCING PEOPLE TO GO WITHOUT THEIR TVS AND VIDEO GAMES! IT'S A CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY!"

Did you miss the part where they said no food?

I'm not saying this isn't justified though.  If I were running Israel, I would probably drive the entire population of the Gaza strip into the neighboring Arab nations, and turn the area into a nature reserve / free fire zone.  I guess that would be a war crime?  Oh well.  The population of the area has no desire to live in peace with Israel though, and I don't think Israel should be required to tolerate it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2023, 10:13:26 AM »
Speaking to BBC Radio 4's The World at One earlier, Hamas' head of international relations Basem Naim said the group is "committed and we are obliged to treat our hostages in a very human, dignified way".

Naim also claimed Hamas' leader Mohammad Deif instructed militants to "respect elderly, respect civilians, respect children" and "don't kill anyone who is not involved directly in the battle".

But we know that the militants in fact killed large numbers of civilians in cold blood in Israeli communities, including the massacre of nearly 300 people at the music festival near the Gaza border, many of them young people.
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67050350?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=6523fe1dfd63b979e1accd3e%26Hostages%20will%20be%20looked%20after%2C%20Hamas%20official%20claims%262023-10-09T13%3A26%3A33.633Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:1c290d04-28aa-4a5a-b20c-b67942ce663e&pinned_post_asset_id=6523fe1dfd63b979e1accd3e&pinned_post_type=share

Safe to say your men aren't exactly following your instructions
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2023, 10:23:29 AM »
The Israeli Defense Minister has ordered a complete blockade of the Gaza Strip.

"I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip," Gallant said at the IDF Southern Command in Beersheba. "There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed."

Fuel and electricity are required in order to run municipal utilities.  Water, sewage, refuse transfer and disposal.

Not that I give a *expletive deleted*it at this point about the Palestinians.  Dance in the streets after heinous *expletive deleted*it, reap the whirlwind.  But it's more than TV and video games.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2023, 10:36:50 AM »
Harvard student organizations issue statement laying complete blame for Israel attacks on... Israel.

https://www.newsweek.com/harvard-students-blaming-israel-hamas-attacks-fury-1832997

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2023, 10:38:39 AM »
Nice people
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12604497/Israel-says-striking-Gaza-targets-Hamas-announces-new-operation.html?ito=link_share_article-image-share#i-f88fe9dfe68cd1ab

They IDed who that was by her tattoos

The tattoo artist whose naked body was paraded by Hamas terrorists after they slaughtered 260 Israelis at a festival was a peace campaigner and conscientious objector to military service, it has been revealed.

Shani Louk, 30, was at a music festival for peace when she was captured by Hamas terrorists who had stormed the event and massacred 260 Israeli revellers during their assault on Israel.

Her naked body was seen splayed in the back of a truck, with one leg at an unnatural angle, while being surrounded by four Hamas terrorists who were shouting 'Allahu akbar' in a sickening video. Jeering supporters of the gunmen, including children, were filmed running alongside the truck and spitting on her motionless body.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12610107/Tattoo-artist-Shani-Louk-naked-body-Hamas-Israel.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2023, 10:40:34 AM »
I wonder how all of those peace festival participants feel about peace now?

Well, I guess they'd have an opinion if any of them were still alive.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2023, 10:42:22 AM »
I wonder how all of those peace festival participants feel about peace now?

Well, I guess they'd have an opinion if any of them were still alive.

Peace through superior firepower is the only peace that has ever worked.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2023, 11:20:15 AM »
They should have run towards the gunmen and hugged them, I'm sure they would then have joined in on the peace festival
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2023, 11:33:55 AM »
I think in general the west has gotten way to used to the US Military's precision and restraint, and so the West has forgotten that civilians die in war, often in higher numbers than the soldiers.  Starvation, disease, and collateral damage are all a thing, as well as deaths from infrastructure destruction.

That's why we talk about war being waged as "a country" not just it's military (except the US, but don't get me started on that).  The country as a whole will often pay the price for that war.

Germany found out (twice), Japan found out, most of SE Asia found out, more recently Ukraine and Syria have found out.

Palestine is about to find out.  You don't get to just divorce the "civilian" population from the actions of the government and large militant factions.  There are consequences.  That goes both ways.  Israel has failed to either defeat or find peace with it's neighbors, and the consequence of that is currently being felt by Israeli citizens. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2023, 11:38:43 AM »
It is said war is hell. War is worse because only the guilty suffer in hell while in war the innocent suffer.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2023, 11:42:18 AM »
It is said war is hell. War is worse because only the guilty suffer in hell while in war the innocent suffer.

We used to know that.

Like I said, the West has gotten a little too comfortable with sending troops far away and not feeling any consequences of war, and so the Twitter sphere and ideologues have convinced themselves that's how the world works.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2023, 11:51:28 AM »
Hezbollah is now threatening to join in the war.

They're based in Lebanon.

Earlier today IDF forces killed a group of gunmen attempting to infiltrate into Israel from Lebanon.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/hamas-attack-israel-war

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2023, 11:54:00 AM »
And, Israel has gone through with its intent to fully embargo Gaza.

"Israeli Energy and Infrastructure Minister Israel Katz ordered that water supply be cut off from the Gaza strip Monday. two days after Israel halted the flow of electricity and fuel to the area."

Drink sand.