Author Topic: Babylon Bee  (Read 87552 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Babylon Bee
« Reply #575 on: June 03, 2024, 01:53:49 PM »
    Buckling seatbelts: Absolutely no "male-to-female" connections.
=D

When I worked in IT at a community college I had to explain to a little old lady there, and when I say little old lady I mean she was the epitome of a little old lady, which end of a cable was male and which end was female. When she was still somewhat confused I had to make how to tell which end is which a little bit more graphic. When it finally clicked in her head which one was called male and the other female and why she turned solid red.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #576 on: June 05, 2024, 05:39:55 PM »
10 New 'Star Wars' Characters Coming To Disney+
https://babylonbee.com/news/10-new-star-wars-characters-coming-to-disney

3. C-3PLGBTQ: A droid that is fluent in over six million genders.

:rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #577 on: June 05, 2024, 06:02:26 PM »
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #578 on: June 05, 2024, 09:55:37 PM »
53 Investments That Offer A Better Return Than A College Degree
https://babylonbee.com/news/53-investments-that-offer-a-better-return-than-a-college-degree

32. All-you-can-eat buffet restaurant next door to Lizzo  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #579 on: June 07, 2024, 06:35:11 PM »
In Hindsight Fans Realize They Were Too Quick To Call The Holiday Special The Worst Star Wars Project Ever
https://babylonbee.com/news/in-hindsight-fans-realize-they-were-too-quick-to-call-the-holiday-special-the-worst-star-wars-project-ever
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #580 on: June 12, 2024, 02:48:14 PM »
Man Can Trace 90% Of His Mental Health Issues To Watching The Boat Tunnel Scene In Willy Wonka When He Was A Kid
https://babylonbee.com/news/man-can-trace-90-percent-of-mental-health-issues-in-his-life-to-watching-the-boat-tunnel-scene-in-willy-wonka-when-he-was-a-kid
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #583 on: June 13, 2024, 10:51:28 AM »
In Hindsight Fans Realize They Were Too Quick To Call The Holiday Special The Worst Star Wars Project Ever
https://babylonbee.com/news/in-hindsight-fans-realize-they-were-too-quick-to-call-the-holiday-special-the-worst-star-wars-project-ever

I'm watching the Acolyte. It's... it's... well, it's a good way to kill 30 minutes in the evening before bed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #584 on: June 13, 2024, 10:57:32 AM »
I'm watching the Acolyte. It's... it's... well, it's a good way to kill 30 minutes in the evening before bed.
Yeah, they said it was right up your alley.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #585 on: June 13, 2024, 11:19:39 AM »
I do not have Disney+, but I haven't seen anyone who likes it after episode 3 came out.  I am sure there is someone out there, but I haven't see it.  Sounds like it is yet another show that fails to generate any interest that would get me to sign back up for Disney+.

I did sign back up to Netflix since they picked up Godzilla-1
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #586 on: June 13, 2024, 11:41:55 AM »
Cigarettes some trans will kill for.

... using guns purchased with a Pell Grant.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #587 on: June 13, 2024, 12:52:43 PM »
I do not have Disney+, but I haven't seen anyone who likes it after episode 3 came out.  I am sure there is someone out there, but I haven't see it.  Sounds like it is yet another show that fails to generate any interest that would get me to sign back up for Disney+.

I did sign back up to Netflix since they picked up Godzilla-1

"Communist Lesbian Space Witches" who's children have moms, yes plural, with not a single man in sight and everything is fine until some *gasp* male Jedi show up.
Of course the video is the Critical Drinker being, well critical

The Acolyte Episode 3 - I'm Done And So Is Star Wars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yofjGi6LOVc

- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #588 on: June 13, 2024, 01:02:00 PM »
I didn't care much for episode 1.

Episode 2, I thought, raised the bar quite a bit.

Episode 3? Some interesting concepts, but overall an absolute train wreck.

I like the storyline that there are other Force users who are diametrically opposed, even in conflict with, the Jedi. Basically religion 101.

The whole "there was no father" for the twins is straight out of Anakin's Phantom Menace storyline.

The whole way the Coven was conceptualized? Well, I guess there's the gayest of the ultra gay that the creator or main screen writer was talking about.

One thing I REALLY like about the series so far is the Sol character. Actor is great, his treatment of the role is great.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #589 on: June 13, 2024, 01:07:07 PM »

The whole "there was no father" for the twins is straight out of Anakin's Phantom Menace storyline.

With hints a certain someone was manipulating things perhaps even including that which makes certain things in those movies make more sense.
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #590 on: June 13, 2024, 01:29:22 PM »
Coworker and I have been discussing it. She's really into the SW universe.

She has some very interesting theories on where the plot will go in the coming episodes.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #591 on: June 13, 2024, 03:05:51 PM »
Coworker and I have been discussing it. She's really into the SW universe.

She has some very interesting theories on where the plot will go in the coming episodes.

"Put a chick in it and make her gay.  And make it lame!"

"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #592 on: June 13, 2024, 04:16:38 PM »
"Put a chick in it and make her gay.  And make it lame!"

Yeah... no.

She is, however, somewhat militant black, so we are tiptoeing around that subject occasionally.

She's not particularly happy with The Acolyte, either.

dogmush

• friend

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #594 on: June 16, 2024, 04:28:34 PM »

I like the storyline that there are other Force users who are diametrically opposed, even in conflict with, the Jedi. Basically religion 101.

You mean, other than the Sith?
Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?
--Thomas Jefferson

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #595 on: June 17, 2024, 07:55:46 AM »
You mean, other than the Sith?

Yes, other than the Sith.

But even the Sith are Jedi, they just have very different views on it. Sort of like the Primitive Baptists vs the Reformed Baptists...

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #596 on: June 17, 2024, 08:05:04 AM »
But even the Sith are Jedi, they just have very different views on it. Sort of like the Primitive Baptists vs the Reformed Baptists...
I'm not a huge Star Wars lore guy, but I'm not sure that makes sense.  Being force sensitive didn't make a person a Jedi, and not all of the Sith were even former Jedi.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #597 on: June 17, 2024, 09:01:43 AM »
I'm not a huge Star Wars lore guy, but I'm not sure that makes sense.  Being force sensitive didn't make a person a Jedi, and not all of the Sith were even former Jedi.

Think of it in a purely religious sense.

Believing in God doesn't make you Christian, Jewish, etc. Training makes you Christian, Jewish, etc.

Same with Jedi. Force sensitive is there. But if you're trained to it, you become Jedi.

You can even leave the Jedi (one of the key premises of The Acolyte) and still be force sensitive, just as you can leave an organized religion and still believe in God.

The origin story of the Sith does involve a Jedi and Jedi training. Only it was a fallen Jedi who had turned from the light side. So, he established the training that developed the Sith.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #598 on: June 17, 2024, 09:05:42 AM »
Okay, so what makes these lesbian force witches novel then?  They're just another group of "force believers" with different training, right?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #599 on: June 17, 2024, 09:07:43 AM »
Okay, so what makes these lesbian force witches novel then?  They're just another group of "force believers" with different training, right?

They only eat the rainbow bagels
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi