Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 59851 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #775 on: June 04, 2024, 08:47:17 AM »
  Then there is the cult of personality side of things.

I find the one surrounding Trump at times just as repugnant as I do the ones surrounding Obama, the Clintons, the Kennedys etc... but I don't think it's nearly as big as say Obama's where any criticism is not only deflected but actively attacked. I think even the biggest of Trump fans realize he is deeply flawed man but at least they feel he puts America and ALL Americans first which is something sorely missing lately in politics, especially with the current admin, which means it could be an act of desperation as much as anything else. Meanwhile try to point out a flaw in Obama and you better have an asbestos suit on.

Note: Typed before the coffee has soaked in
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 09:01:43 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #776 on: June 04, 2024, 08:59:13 AM »
That last part is why I am reluctant to believe that poll result.  Trump's voter base is largely motivated by the fact that he is a political outsider.  Then there is the cult of personality side of things.  Neither of those should be affected by the conviction.

Also, and I admit to being in a bit of a bubble myself, I only know IRL or read about people who are going to "vote harder" for Trump, vs not voting for him, because of the conviction. It's actually hard for me to believe the "one in ten", since the average Trump voter that I'm aware of would not bail, but rather rally, because of the conviction. As the ridiculous amount of $$$ that came in within 24 hours seems to indicate. Apparently his May total for contributions, with ~$140 million of them being from the <$100 donation cadre, reached almost $300 million.

FTR, I have never been contacted for a political poll in my entire life.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #777 on: June 04, 2024, 09:29:13 AM »
TikTok is now suddenly a problem because Trump is out pacing Biden in followers on there.
Who had TikTok will be attacked as right wing on their Bingo Card?

Trump joins tiktok late last night, already has 1.9 million followers compared to Biden's 336,000 -- proving that Tiktok has become hub of MAGA activity and that there's 2x more pro-Trump content than pro-Biden content https://t.co/55N5AipdZX pic.twitter.com/gMrIEC8I04
    — Tara Palmeri (@tarapalmeri) June 2, 2024

Journalist Warns That TikTok Has Become 'The Real Hub of MAGA Content'
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/06/03/journalist-warns-that-tiktok-has-become-the-real-hub-of-maga-content-n2396934
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #778 on: June 04, 2024, 09:41:05 AM »
American Voters Looking Forward To Choosing Between Convicted Felon And Unconvicted Felon
https://babylonbee.com/news/american-voters-looking-forward-to-choosing-between-convicted-felon-and-unconvicted-felon

After Seeing How Much Money Trump Raised, Biden Calls Up DA Bragg To Ask If He Can Get Charged With A Felony Or Two
https://babylonbee.com/news/after-seeing-how-much-money-trump-raised-biden-calls-up-da-bragg-to-ask-if-he-can-get-charged-with-a-felony-or-two
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #779 on: June 04, 2024, 10:35:46 AM »
Legal analysis of the Trump "hush money" trial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u23t__ysVjU
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #780 on: June 04, 2024, 11:35:58 AM »
I find the one surrounding Trump at times just as repugnant as I do the ones surrounding Obama, the Clintons, the Kennedys etc... but I don't think it's nearly as big as say Obama's where any criticism is not only deflected but actively attacked. I think even the biggest of Trump fans realize he is deeply flawed man but at least they feel he puts America and ALL Americans first which is something sorely missing lately in politics, especially with the current admin, which means it could be an act of desperation as much as anything else. Meanwhile try to point out a flaw in Obama and you better have an asbestos suit on.

Note: Typed before the coffee has soaked in
IMO, just about every successful candidate has some supporters like that.  Some candidates have a larger number than others. 

There are some candidates in the past I have liked and my first reaction is defensive when I heard criticism.  We live and learn on stuff like that.  If the conviction was serious, I would have changed my vote, but probably not immediately.  For a questionable conviction like this that was obviously biased, I doubt it would have changed my mind.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #781 on: June 04, 2024, 01:50:34 PM »
Biden says Trump is a convicted felon.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/biden-labels-trump-a-convicted-felon-during-connecticut-fundraiser-something-snapped-in-this-guy/

IMHO, the only difference between the two is that Biden is an unconvicted felon.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #782 on: June 04, 2024, 02:39:47 PM »

A bit dry, but an excellent breakdown. There are so, so, so very many problems withe the case that I would be beyond surprised it if wasn't ultimately overturned on several grounds. In the meantime, a federal stay would be the perfect temporary remedy.

If, and I think more likely when, it gets overturned, I hope Trump goes after all of them on the "irreparable harm" part. If we're lucky, the DOJ will have returned to conservative leadership and they'll be the ones pulling out the Super Banschwerk.

Brad
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 05:01:35 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #783 on: June 04, 2024, 04:41:05 PM »

"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #784 on: June 04, 2024, 04:53:44 PM »

And I continue to wonder if the areas are only red because of illegal votes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #785 on: June 04, 2024, 05:17:12 PM »
Meanwhile they're pushing the narrative that since inflation is down from what it was a year or two ago grocery prices are coming down, all thanks to Biden. AOC economics
« Last Edit: June 04, 2024, 06:07:34 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #786 on: June 04, 2024, 05:21:26 PM »
Average Biden lover

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #787 on: June 04, 2024, 05:30:24 PM »
In a nutshell if you support Trump you're a "domestic terrorist" according to Mad Maxine. This is the same same Maxine who called for violence while Trump was in office and has openly supported groups like BLM and Antifa.

https://x.com/RNCResearch/status/1797438425106157714

Nothing to See Here, Just Maxine Waters Calling Millions of Americans 'Domestic Terrorists'
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/06/03/nothing-to-see-here-just-maxine-waters-calling-millions-of-americans-domestic-terrorists-n2396906
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #788 on: June 04, 2024, 06:36:59 PM »
TikTok is now suddenly a problem because Trump is out pacing Biden in followers on there.
Who had TikTok will be attacked as right wing on their Bingo Card?

Journalist Warns That TikTok Has Become 'The Real Hub of MAGA Content'
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/06/03/journalist-warns-that-tiktok-has-become-the-real-hub-of-maga-content-n2396934

Why do you think the politicians and the “government should rule every aspect of your lives” crowd is so vocal about banning TikTok
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #789 on: June 04, 2024, 06:39:01 PM »
Average Biden lover

There are three men in that image
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #790 on: June 04, 2024, 09:27:25 PM »

Wow! This is from a professor at YALE?!?!?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #791 on: June 04, 2024, 09:41:18 PM »
Wow! This is from a professor at YALE?!?!?

At Yale for now.

Next week ... who knows ...

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #792 on: June 04, 2024, 10:31:26 PM »

WOW!!
Incredible analysis !  Good find.
  :facepalm:  [popcorn]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #793 on: June 05, 2024, 07:57:49 AM »
I suspect that a lot of the big schools are telling the influential profs to walk the activism the bleep back, since that is gonna affect the money... So they probably are going to try to look more middle of the 8-lane turnpike...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #794 on: June 05, 2024, 08:27:51 AM »
Democrats Call For Removal Of Nelson Mandela Statue In D.C. After Learning He Was A Convicted Felon
https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-call-for-removal-of-nelson-mandela-statue-in-dc-after-learning-he-was-a-convicted-felon
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #795 on: June 05, 2024, 02:51:30 PM »
In Response To Trump Conviction, Republicans Threaten To Fire Off 'Strongliest Worded Letter Of All Time'
https://babylonbee.com/news/in-response-to-trump-conviction-republicans-threaten-to-fire-off-most-strongly-worded-letter-of-all-time
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #796 on: June 05, 2024, 05:22:32 PM »
But wait, there's more

Felony forgery charges were filed in Wisconsin on Tuesday against two attorneys and an aide who helped submit paperwork falsely saying that former President Donald Trump had won the battleground state in 2020.

The state charges are the first to come in Wisconsin and follow separate charges brought in Arizona, Michigan, Nevada and Georgia related to the fake electors scheme.

The Wisconsin charges were brought against Trump’s attorney in the state, Jim Troupis, 62, attorney Kenneth Chesebro, 62, who was advising the campaign and Mike Roman, 51, who was Trump’s director of Election Day operations. Roman allegedly delivered Wisconsin’s fake elector paperwork to a Pennsylvania congressman’s staffer in order to get them to then-Vice President Mike Pence on Jan. 6, 2021.

Trump Was Just the Beginning: Wisconsin AG Files FELONY Charges Against Trump Attorneys and Aides
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/06/05/wisconsin-ag-files-felony-charges-against-trump-attorney-and-aides-n2396978
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #797 on: June 05, 2024, 05:44:43 PM »
But wait, there's more

Trump Was Just the Beginning: Wisconsin AG Files FELONY Charges Against Trump Attorneys and Aides
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/06/05/wisconsin-ag-files-felony-charges-against-trump-attorney-and-aides-n2396978

This is getting to be one ginormous banana. They're making the Central African Republic look like pikers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #798 on: June 06, 2024, 08:03:51 AM »
https://thereload.com/trump-loses-gun-rights-as-jury-finds-him-guilty-of-34-felonies/

"A jury convicted former president and current Republican nominee Donald J. Trump of 34 felonies on Thursday, which will bar him from possessing firearms."

I had not thought of that.  I wonder if he owns any.

More

The NYPD will be revoking former President Donald Trump's gun permit on the heels of his 34-count conviction last week.
The presumptive Republican presidential nominee will now lose his gun permit, according to ABC News.

It was suspended after Trump was indicted by the Manhattan district attorney last year. It remains unclear when the NYPD will make the move.

Under New York state and federal law, convicted felons aren't permitted to possess any kind of firearm.
He said in a 2012 interview with Emily Miller for The Washington Times that he had a concealed carry permit for a Heckler & Koch HK45 and a .38-caliber Smith & Wesson.

NYPD will REVOKE Donald Trump's gun permit after conviction in hush money trial
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13499649/nypd-donald-trump-gun-permit-conviction-hush-money-trial.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Pb

• friend
« Reply #799 on: June 06, 2024, 09:50:21 AM »
More

NYPD will REVOKE Donald Trump's gun permit after conviction in hush money trial

Maybe that will make Trump repent of his "Take the guns first, go through due process second" philosophy.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second/

Nah.