Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 42391 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #950 on: February 26, 2024, 10:49:24 AM »
I can sympathize with anyone who genuinely cares about the innocent lives lost in Gaza, or the innocent lives lost in the various attacks on Israel.

That said, I wonder what would drive a person to commit suicide to protest those specific innocent lives lost.  Innocent people are killed unnecessarily around the world constantly.  What would make someone say "Screw all the other ones, these are the ones I want to die in order to raise awareness of"?
yeah, I don't quite understand that either.  Seems to me there are plenty of other ways to support the people you care about.  And there isn't a lack of publicity over this conflict.  Someone committing suicide isn't going to suddenly change people's mind about it make them suddenly realize it exists. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #951 on: February 26, 2024, 10:57:13 AM »
Watching the video, he was extremely calm and methodical from the walk, to pouring the gas, to futzing with a lighter that was apparently not lighting. Sane people have some inkling of the pain of burning alive, even from just getting a burn on the stove. That there was no emotion here is showing me extreme mental illness or brainwashing.

On the tangent, while I understand the tactics of keeping a suspect "covered" regardless of the apparent circumstances, the one cop was starting to look ridiculous by the third fire extinguisher.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #952 on: February 27, 2024, 06:38:44 AM »
Apparently some are upset that some on the left are using "Rest In Power" to commemorate Aaron Bushnell the AF airman that set himself on fire.
And why you may ask? The saying is for black people

rest in power is for BLACK people. black people have asked time and time again not to use this outside of the community. and every single time you do.
    — layla (@laymagdalene) February 26, 2024
    It's a nice memorial, but "Rest in Power" is for Black people. Aaron wasn't Black.
    — Kristen (She/Her) (@kcotenti) February 26, 2024

Let them fight  [popcorn]

Lefties Launch into Civil War About Important Question: Can You Say 'Rest in Power' About White People?
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2024/02/26/rest-in-power-controversy-n2393327
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 07:53:04 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #953 on: March 04, 2024, 06:11:07 PM »
A United Nations team has found “clear and convincing” information that hostages in Gaza were sexually abused, Pramila Patten, the UN special envoy on sexual violence in conflict told reporters on Monday. There are “reasonable grounds” to believe the sexual violence is ongoing, she added.

According to Patten, the team also found “reasonable grounds to believe that conflict related sexual violence, including rape and gang rape occurred” during Hamas’ October 7 terror attack in Israel, in what is the most definitive finding by the global organization on sexual assault allegations in the aftermath of the attack.

I guess Hamas's own videos wasn't enough for the UN

UN team finds ‘convincing’ information that hostages in Gaza were raped
https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/04/europe/un-team-sexual-abuse-oct-7-hostages-intl/index.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #954 on: March 05, 2024, 08:04:47 AM »
UN report on hostages disappearing in 3... 2... 1...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #955 on: March 07, 2024, 07:41:14 AM »
Note the UN report says it did not meet a single victim or witness. Literally.

Latest news has witnesses - Israel is restricting food so that children and the weak die en masse.

I guess all those references to Carthage and total war here are somehow more moral than terrorism, but I’d sure like to see it articulated how it’s so.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #956 on: March 07, 2024, 08:35:57 AM »

Well, did they watch any of the video of stripped women being carried off on trucks and motorbikes?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #957 on: March 07, 2024, 01:32:25 PM »

That's not what that article says. Literally.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #958 on: March 07, 2024, 07:27:31 PM »
That's not what that article says. Literally.

From the article:

The mission was not able to meet with any victims of sexual violence on October 7 “despite our efforts,” Patten said
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #959 on: March 07, 2024, 07:39:12 PM »
From the article:

Yep. And from your post:

Article:
33 meetings with Israeli institutions while in Israel, interviewed 34 people, including survivors and witnesses to the October 7 attack,
The UN team’s research was also constrained by “the extremely limited availability of victims, survivors and witnesses of sexual violence

Limited is, definitionally not zero. So literally not what you wrote in your post.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #960 on: March 07, 2024, 07:53:41 PM »
Yep. And from your post:
Article:
Limited is, definitionally not zero. So literally not what you wrote in your post.

Witnesses to the October 7 attack, none to the sexual violence.

It’s clear from all reports that for whatever reason, the Israeli government is not making any direct witnesses or victims available.  The number of victims spoken to is clearly and unambiguously zero.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #961 on: March 07, 2024, 08:25:30 PM »
Collin Rugg
@CollinRugg
BREAKING: Pro-Palestine protesters are blocking President Biden's motorcade ahead of the State of the Union Address as reported by @ScooterCasterNY
https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1765905989973561596
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #962 on: March 07, 2024, 09:10:33 PM »

Probably because Hamas killed them.

griz

• friend
« Reply #963 on: March 08, 2024, 12:38:19 AM »

Witnesses to the October 7 attack, none to the sexual violence.

It’s clear from all reports that for whatever reason, the Israeli government is not making any direct witnesses or victims available.  The number of victims spoken to is clearly and unambiguously zero.

So you read a report that starts with "A United Nations team has found “clear and convincing” information that hostages in Gaza were sexually abused and there are “reasonable grounds” to believe the sexual violence is ongoing.", and you focus on the fact that the living victims aren't eager to be paraded in front of the media as proof that it didn't happen?  You did catch the part where they mentioned that they found bodies that were likely raped and executed didn't you?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #964 on: March 08, 2024, 07:09:02 AM »
So, I'm confused...

Because no victims of sexual assault were interviewed, that's proof that Hamas terrorists didn't sexually assault anyone?

So, once again, Israel is 100% completely the bad guy here?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #965 on: March 08, 2024, 07:16:30 AM »
The UN: Since we found no one to interview that was sexually assaulted it never happened and we only have Israelis as witnesses and we know how they are.

Meanwhile Hamas's own videos show them sexually assaulting women and then executing  them + many women often don't like talking about such things. Maybe that's why you found no one to interview. Plus how hard did they even try to found someone? "I walked out of my Gaza office and yelled were you rape by Hamas? and no one answered. See never happened"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 09:16:30 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #966 on: March 08, 2024, 07:56:59 AM »
"We didn't expect such consequences for our actions on October 7th"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1765491083612483646
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #967 on: March 08, 2024, 08:14:46 AM »
"We didn't expect such consequences for our actions on October 7th"

https://twitter.com/i/status/1765491083612483646

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

We poked a literal hornet's nest, and it's the hornet's fault that we got stung!

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, I have ZERO compassion for Hamas or their supporters. The sooner they are eradicated, completely, the better.

I really have to wonder if Hamas thought the rest of the Arab world was doing to come marching to their aid after the October 7 attacks.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #968 on: March 08, 2024, 08:16:35 AM »
I really have to wonder if Hamas thought the rest of the Arab world was doing to come marching to their aid after the October 7 attacks.

A lot has changed since 1972
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #969 on: March 08, 2024, 08:23:06 AM »
So, I'm confused...

Because no victims of sexual assault were interviewed, that's proof that Hamas terrorists didn't sexually assault anyone?

De Selby logic.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #970 on: March 08, 2024, 08:30:25 AM »
We poked a literal hornet's nest, and it's the hornet's fault that we got stung!
Probably a good idea to remember that both the Palestinians and the Israelis see everything as a reaction to the wrongdoings of the other going back forever.
"Yeah, well that was just because five years ago you did X." 
"Ah, but X was a direct response to Y fifteen years ago."
"... and then in 1948 you guys ..."
"But if you'll recall the events of 473 BC when Haman ...."
etc.

There is always a justification for this or that atrocity and it is always because someone else did something.  It's part of a feud that I don't see has a chance of ending absent the destruction of one group or the oppression of both.

De Selby has long since chosen his tribe.  Israel will always be 100% completely the bad guy to him.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #971 on: March 08, 2024, 09:08:47 AM »

There is always a justification for this or that atrocity and it is always because someone else did something.  It's part of a feud that I don't see has a chance of ending absent the destruction of one group or the oppression of both.

That is why all the Arabs who aren't willing to live at peace with Isreal need to be deported to somewhere far away.  It will save lives on both sides.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #972 on: March 08, 2024, 09:26:09 AM »
That is why all the Arabs who aren't willing to live at peace with Isreal need to be deported to somewhere far away.  It will save lives on both sides.
There is no good externally-imposed answer to the problems the Palestinians face.  They have to make changes internally.

Five million multi-generational "refugees" used to living off international donations, egged on by co-religionists and pseudo-co-religionists, raised to hate The Jew and The West, steeped in multiple lifetimes of terrorism, and with a multi-thousand year memory for revenge will be a problem wherever they go. 

Unless some of those fundamentals change, Palestinians will never live in peace.  Even if they were to accomplish their goal of exterminating the Jew from the river to the sea, they will not live in peace.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #973 on: March 08, 2024, 09:27:57 AM »

They're not willing to live in peace with themselves. The Ottomans figured that out and maintained uneasy control by being quite brutal and playing one off the other but playing one off the other only works for so long so eventually with outside help they turned on the Ottomans and then it was the British and France's turn.
If it wasn't for Israel to focus their hate on the past 70 years or so they would go back to killing each other like the old days while Iran, which is not Arab, plots to be the next Ottoman Empire
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #974 on: March 08, 2024, 09:38:22 AM »
Reworded a wee bit

The UN: Since we found no one to interview that was sexually assaulted and then executed and we only have Israelis as witnesses, and we know how they are, it never happened
- Calvin and Hobbes