Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 25425 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #250 on: April 12, 2023, 02:02:34 PM »
They’ll just run the same game plan as 2020.  They’ll win even if Kamala is the candidate.

The problem with the 2020 game plan is it required Trump to be president so they could blame him for problems, and Biden to be out of office, so he couldn't be blamed for problems.

After 4 years of Biden, and 4 years for folks to convince themselves Trump wasn't so bad they might have a hard time with that.  Despite trumpeting "the most votes evar!!!11!!" that race was actually pretty close.  A couple of R's paying a little closer attention to the electoral map and cheating campaigning more strategically and it could have gone the other way.

I guess we are all thinking it's too late to hope either party might give us a good candidate?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #251 on: April 12, 2023, 02:26:59 PM »
If Trump survives to the primary he’ll be the candidate.  At this point even DeSantis can’t knock him off the top spot. 

On the D side, it will either be the incumbent house plant, or Gavin Newsom probably.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #252 on: April 12, 2023, 02:58:31 PM »
My early prediction is a third party makes a strong showing and the houseplant or their proxy gets elected with well less than 40% of the popular vote.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #253 on: April 12, 2023, 03:10:16 PM »
My early prediction is a third party makes a strong showing and the houseplant or their proxy gets elected with well less than 40% of the popular vote.

I know a lot of guys here don't like her, but I'll predict that if Tulsi Gabbard tries for an independent run, she will grab a significant percentage of votes. Whether that percentage will hurt R or D I cannot say. If it's Trump vs Biden, I predict she will get a LOT of votes. Still not enough to win, but close enough to make people take notice. I could easily see the latter going in the realm of 35/35/25.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #254 on: April 12, 2023, 04:52:16 PM »
Even Perot didn’t break 20%, and he failed to win a single EV.  Now that NB and Maine allocate by congressional districts rather than plurality takes all a strong indie candidate could possibly win 1-2 EV’s.

Any 3rd party or independent candidate can really only play spoiler.  They can siphon off enough votes from one side to ensure the other side wins despite pulling potentially less than 40%. 

Gabbard would pull mostly center-left votes.  She’s very liberal on most fronts, just not bat-guano crazy.  So she’ll lose the woke-left, but nobody that would even hold their nose to vote Trump will vote for her instead.  If gabbard runs strongly she’d pull 10-20% best case, which would mean trump winning with 45-50%, to Biden’s 30-40%.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #255 on: April 12, 2023, 08:04:28 PM »
The odds of ever seeing another Republican, let alone one that resembles a conservative, in the Oval Office are far too low to beat the margin of fraud.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #256 on: April 12, 2023, 08:25:23 PM »
The odds of ever seeing another Republican, let alone one that resembles a conservative, in the Oval Office are far too low to beat the margin of fraud.

I disagree.  The uniparty knows they need to keep swapping it around or the party faithful will notice something's up.  They will make sure that a proper uniparty apparatchik wins the primaries and we will be back on path for swapping letters around every couple elections.

They might not manage this election due to TDS pushing Bragg to make him relevant,  but Trump is old, and there's plenty of uniparty-right folks behind him.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 05:54:11 AM by dogmush »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #257 on: April 12, 2023, 10:40:43 PM »
I disagree.  The uniparty knows they need to keep swapping it around d or the party faithful will notice something's up.  They will make sure that a proper uniparty apparatchik wins the primaries and we will be back on path for swapping letters around every couple elections.

They might not manage this election due to TDS pushing Bragg to make home relevant,  but Trump is old, and there's plenty of uniparty-right folks behind him.

Unless the strategy has changed to that of goading the right into violence.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #258 on: April 12, 2023, 10:48:26 PM »
I thought DAs like Bragg were failing to convict criminals because of ideology. The Trump indictment is making me wonder if Bragg just doesn't know how.

On that note:

U.S. District Court Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil, a Trump appointee, denied the request from Alvin Bragg for a temporary restraining order against Rep. Jordan. In the denial, the judge noted that Bragg didn’t even provide documents he should have to support his cause, including that “subpoena purportedly served on Mr. Pomerantz” as well as the “Declaration of Theodore J. Boutrous, Jr.,” which is mentioned in Bragg’s moving papers. Sounds like Bragg didn’t help himself, and the judge is chiding him for failure to have everything he should have had for such a motion.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/04/12/judge-hands-desperate-alvin-bragg-a-massive-loss-in-his-effort-to-avoid-house-investigation-n730564

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #259 on: April 13, 2023, 07:43:55 AM »
I disagree.  The uniparty knows they need to keep swapping it around or the party faithful will notice something's up.  They will make sure that a proper uniparty apparatchik wins the primaries and we will be back on path for swapping letters around every couple elections.

The uniparty needs no such thing.  Their success in the 2020 and 2022 elections proved that for them.  The uniparty controls the elections apparatus for national level elections.  They control the MSM and therefore the narrative that there is no fraud.  They know the courts will back them on those occasions when they do get caught engaging in fraud.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #260 on: April 13, 2023, 07:03:14 PM »
I know a lot of guys here don't like her, but I'll predict that if Tulsi Gabbard tries for an independent run, she will grab a significant percentage of votes. Whether that percentage will hurt R or D I cannot say. If it's Trump vs Biden, I predict she will get a LOT of votes. Still not enough to win, but close enough to make people take notice. I could easily see the latter going in the realm of 35/35/25.

Kind of the split I see. If it was something off the wall I would vote for it. Gabbard and Jim Justice or something.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #262 on: June 08, 2023, 09:18:08 PM »
Number 2

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live-updates/trump-indictment/?id=99913217

And the indictments of HRC, Obama and Biden, et al are dropping in 3, 2, 1…

What?  They’re not indicting the democrats who did as much or worse?  Where’s my shocked face.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #263 on: June 08, 2023, 09:20:30 PM »
And the indictments of HRC, Obama and the Bidens, et al are dropping in 3, 2, 1…

What?  They’re not indicting the democrats who did as much or worse?  Where’s my shocked face.

FIFY
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2023, 09:31:42 PM »
And the indictments of HRC, Obama and Biden, et al are dropping in 3, 2, 1…

Instead of thinking that way, think that now finally no elected official is above the law and it is time for people to start proceeding for the above forementioned people.

Aren't the Bidens currently in the middle of an investigation? I keep seeing news tidbits about an FBI probe.

Uranus is a gas giant.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2023, 09:35:08 PM »
Instead of thinking that way, think that now finally no elected official is above the law and it is time for people to start proceeding for the above forementioned people.

Aren't the Bidens currently in the middle of an investigation? I keep seeing news tidbits about an FBI probe.

:rofl:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2023, 11:56:43 PM »

The Biden family has been above the law for a few decades now along with others.  None of this is new or even just involving the Biden family.  The prosecutors work directly for the AG.  They won't prosecute anyone in the Biden family. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #269 on: June 09, 2023, 07:32:05 AM »
You forgot at least one Democratic governor from Illinois.

And Hillary Clinton's not on that list. Oh, wait a minute...

Geez never enough for you.

Perhaps the opposition wasn't smart enough or prepared enough to nail the Clintons?

Uranus is a gas giant.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #270 on: June 09, 2023, 07:57:14 AM »
Perhaps the opposition wasn't smart enough or prepared enough to nail the Clintons?
It doesn't appear that even you buy what you're selling.  If no one is above the law, it isn't the Clinton's opposition who should be prosecuting their crimes, it's the enforcers of the law operating without fear or favor.  The Clintons' opposition should have zero to do with whether or not they are investigated or prosecuted for their wrongdoings.

Yes, I understand that the status quo is Federal law enforcement which is happy to start massive investigations based strictly on wild, absurd, and entirely concocted allegations sourced from the campaign of the target's opposition ... at least from one particular side of the aisle, but that's not the way it should be. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #271 on: June 09, 2023, 08:03:31 AM »
It does happen

Bullshit. There was a perfect opportunity for it to happen here. They had the choice of indicting the guy who was the classification/declassifaction authority when he removed documentation, or indicting the guy that stole classified documents when he was a Senator and VP and then claimed that his crappy garage was as good as a Class 5 GSA Security Container, so everything was hunk dory.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2023, 08:06:49 AM »
It doesn't appear that even you buy what you're selling.  If no one is above the law, it isn't the Clinton's opposition who should be prosecuting their crimes, it's the enforcers of the law operating without fear or favor.  The Clintons' opposition should have zero to do with whether or not they are investigated or prosecuted for their wrongdoings.

Yes, I understand that the status quo is Federal law enforcement which is happy to start massive investigations based strictly on wild, absurd, and entirely concocted allegations sourced from the campaign of the target's opposition ... at least from one particular side of the aisle, but that's not the way it should be.

No, my point is with Trump having his days in court, that finally those who are above the law are no longer above the law.

Clintons were/are in the past now. I have yet to meet anyone, left or right that don't agree that the Clintons are dirty. They both were thoroughly investigated, maybe not to the snuff of members on here, but nothing was able to stick to bring up a guilty plea other than impeachment by the House. Supporters not are going to go after their members (turn a blind eye), so that's why I said perhaps the opposition wasn't smart enough or prepared enough to go after them.

I mean the left really thought Trump was going down over the Russian collusion, pretty much at the same level as the right thought Hillary was going down over the email server. Replace a few words and much of the same repeating sound bites were used. "Quid Pro Quo" or "Homebrewed server under the stairs", I think we all got tired of hearing that.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #273 on: June 09, 2023, 08:10:13 AM »
Bullshit. There was a perfect opportunity for it to happen here. They had the choice of indicting the guy who was the classification/declassifaction authority when he removed documentation, or indicting the guy that stole classified documents when he was a Senator and VP and then claimed that his crappy garage was as good as a Class 5 GSA Security Container, so everything was hunk dory.

If I recall, this hit the news after Trump's docs were found, so those results of the investigation will be at a later date.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #274 on: June 09, 2023, 08:17:33 AM »
If I recall, this hit the news after Trump's docs were found, so those results of the investigation will be at a later date.

They found Trump's docs after Obama left office. They found Trump's docs after Benghazi. They found Trump's docs after the Bidens made trips to China and Ukraine. You could write a book about all the stuff that happened before they found Trump's docs.