Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 44460 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #650 on: May 22, 2024, 11:58:06 AM »
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at USSS HQ when they read that the G-man were primed to cap them if needed.

And yeah, Ben's right that LE "SOP" needs a serious looking at.  I don't necessarily agree, but it makes me sympathize with the defund the popo crowd.  They don't believe reform will be allowed, and they are getting shot at, stomped, and tased by these SOP's, and still not seeing much crime reduction, so what's the point of LE again?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #651 on: May 22, 2024, 03:18:00 PM »
I'd love to be a fly on the wall at USSS HQ when they read that the G-man were primed to cap them if needed.

And yeah, Ben's right that LE "SOP" needs a serious looking at.  I don't necessarily agree, but it makes me sympathize with the defund the popo crowd.  They don't believe reform will be allowed, and they are getting shot at, stomped, and tased by these SOP's, and still not seeing much crime reduction, so what's the point of LE again?
I wonder if there is anything in the SOP for "violence prevention plan" or something similar.  What are they doing to be certain of a peaceful execution of the warrant.  Sounds like that is the "deadly force" part.  Defund the Feds is what I would favor more. 

It seems that Law Enforcement officers are often just lawyers with guns these days.  What is "legal" and how can we bend the truth to say we are within the rules. 

I am also of the opinion that ALL interactions have to be done with cameras ON.  Anything not on camera is inadmissible and evidence is thrown out.  No benefit of the doubt to the officer anymore.  Mainly because you know the incidents we see are a small percentage and the "good" officers know it is happening.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #652 on: May 22, 2024, 03:19:23 PM »
One of the facts I heard the other day is the Acorn cop and the cop who shot the Air Force airman are both from the same department in Oklahoma.  That department needs a housecleaning. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #653 on: May 28, 2024, 11:03:58 AM »
"Biden-Harris campaign to hold press conference with 'special guests' outside Manhattan courthouse."

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/05/28/biden-campaign-outside-trump-courthouse-n2396696
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #654 on: May 28, 2024, 12:10:56 PM »
One of the facts I heard the other day is the Acorn cop and the cop who shot the Air Force airman are both from the same department in Oklahoma.  That department needs a housecleaning.

Florida Panhandle.  Okaloosa County FL.  Sheriff is Eric Aden.  And yes, the whole department needs a cleansing.  Preferably with napalm.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #655 on: May 28, 2024, 12:16:05 PM »
"Biden-Harris campaign to hold press conference with 'special guests' outside Manhattan courthouse."

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/05/28/biden-campaign-outside-trump-courthouse-n2396696

Going to declare Biden the winner of the election since there won't be anyone running against him not in prison
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #657 on: May 28, 2024, 04:49:23 PM »
The Secret Service is reportedly in talks with NY Corrections for what to do when Trump is in jail, which CBS is reporting will be Rikers.

Not in a million years would he go to Rikers, but I don't think these lefties realize how close to the starter pistol firing that they are with what they're doing.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/05/28/cbs-news-secret-service-meeting-with-new-york-jail-officials-on-what-to-do-about-trump-n2396701

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #658 on: May 28, 2024, 04:54:39 PM »
Not in a million years would he go to Rikers, but I don't think these lefties realize how close to the starter pistol firing that they are with what they're doing.

Not putting anything pass them nowadays
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #659 on: May 28, 2024, 06:09:56 PM »

I've heard the analogy more than once that violence to the left is like a rheostat.  They can dial it up or down as they see fit.   But to the right, it's a switch.  It's either all or nothing.   And just like a regular light switch, there is a certain amount of resistance that must be overcome before the switch cams over into the "on" position.   Right now I worry that the pressure is building on that switch, and we're getting *awful* close to the point that switch is going to flip to "on".   And once it flips to on, there will have to be a certain amount of downward pressure exerted before it'll cam back over to the "off" position.   I seriously worry that if Trump were to actually be jailed, we'd be 'one person having a bad day' away from kicking over into "FAFO" territory for the left.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #660 on: May 29, 2024, 09:35:43 AM »
I'm wondering when the jury finds him guilty, will Judge Merchan immediately remand Trump into custody?  It will be interesting to see what happens if the judge jails Trump.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #661 on: May 29, 2024, 09:40:27 AM »
I've heard the analogy more than once that violence to the left is like a rheostat.  They can dial it up or down as they see fit.   But to the right, it's a switch.  It's either all or nothing.   And just like a regular light switch, there is a certain amount of resistance that must be overcome before the switch cams over into the "on" position.   Right now I worry that the pressure is building on that switch, and we're getting *awful* close to the point that switch is going to flip to "on".   And once it flips to on, there will have to be a certain amount of downward pressure exerted before it'll cam back over to the "off" position.   I seriously worry that if Trump were to actually be jailed, we'd be 'one person having a bad day' away from kicking over into "FAFO" territory for the left.
The problem is that much of the "protests" and violence on the left is funded by interest groups using it as a political tool.  The analogy doesn't work so well when one side isn't a natural reaction. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #662 on: May 29, 2024, 10:34:22 AM »
Babylon Bee but actually close to the truth

Judge Instructs Jurors They Need Not Believe Trump Is Guilty To Convict Him
https://babylonbee.com/news/judge-instructs-jurors-they-need-not-believe-trump-is-guilty-to-convict-him

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #663 on: May 29, 2024, 10:59:09 AM »
Babylon Bee but actually close to the truth

Judge Instructs Jurors They Need Not Believe Trump Is Guilty To Convict Him
https://babylonbee.com/news/judge-instructs-jurors-they-need-not-believe-trump-is-guilty-to-convict-him

I mean, that's pretty much what the judge said.

On the Hollywood front (not that we should care, but I found this interesting for Hollywood, in contrast to Robert DeNero, I just saw an interview with Dennis Quaid who said he's voting for Trump specifically because of what they're doing to Trump. He said that Trump is the most investigated person in the history of the US, and I'm not even sure that's hyperbole at this point.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #664 on: May 29, 2024, 11:41:31 AM »
Yeah it's gotten to the point where they don't care how obviously political this whole thing it is.

...Merchan just delivered the coup de grace instruction. He said that there is no need to agree on what occurred. They can disagree on what the crime was among the three choices. Thus, this means that they could split 4-4-4 and he will still treat them as unanimous...
    — Jonathan Turley (@JonathanTurley) May 29, 2024
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/05/29/jonathan-turley-says-judge-merchan-just-gave-the-jury-a-coup-de-grace-instruction-against-trump-n2396743

That banana is getting bigger and bigger
Maybe the judge should be the one on trial here
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #665 on: May 30, 2024, 09:49:55 AM »
Some key points on what has been going on in this trial:

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/05/30/greg-price-recap-bragg-case-n2396782

A big one (to me at least) not on the list is that the judge denied a whole bunch of defense witnesses. I'm not sure how common that is in everyday trials, but it seems like a biggie in an "innocent until proven guilty" system. There are of course a whole bunch of other things one could list, like gag orders for Trump, but the prosecution being able to say whatever they want.

A big one to me that is on the linked list is the #3 DOJ attorney going to work as a deputy for Bragg. I've been following that since it happened (with little MSM coverage) and it just seems like a smoking gun leading directly back to the administration, or at least the deep state.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #666 on: May 30, 2024, 09:53:20 AM »
I don't think even the NY appeals courts would uphold any conviction in this case. If they do it's such an egregious civil rights violation the feds wouldn't hesitate to step in. 
Formerly sumpnz

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #667 on: May 30, 2024, 09:59:13 AM »
But for many folks who don't read much, and who only watch the news they are supposed to...

Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #668 on: May 30, 2024, 10:49:07 AM »
But for many folks who don't read much, and who only watch the news they are supposed to...
But I think that is why Trump's poll numbers are up so much.  Even those people have heard of this case and many of them think it is BS.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #669 on: May 30, 2024, 11:08:52 AM »
Do you think the "Not Unanimous Jury Instructions" count for Not Guilty verdicts too?  If 4 jurors think he's innocent of count A, and 8 Jurors think he's innocent of count B they can just vote Not Guilty overall?

=D =D =D  My jokes slay.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #670 on: May 30, 2024, 11:23:38 AM »
I would not be surprised to see a hung jury. I'm not confident enough to predict it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I also would not be surprised in the case of a hung jury to see THIS judge "disqualify" any holdouts against conviction for some cockamamie reason like "unwillingness to debate" and replace them with one of the alternates.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #671 on: May 30, 2024, 11:58:12 AM »
I still can't see how the judge thinks any of this is helping. It's almost like he's trying to design a trial that will instantly get tossed out on appeal based on his conduct alone.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #672 on: May 30, 2024, 12:08:24 PM »
I still can't see how the judge thinks any of this is helping. It's almost like he's trying to design a trial that will instantly get tossed out on appeal based on his conduct alone.

Brad

They're flaunting how political this whole process is to send a message to anyone who dares challenge THE party that if you do so you're screwed.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #673 on: May 30, 2024, 12:09:27 PM »
I don't think even the NY appeals courts would uphold any conviction in this case.

It's New York.  If you're not a Democrat you have no rights.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #674 on: May 30, 2024, 01:23:21 PM »
Jury Passes Note To Judge Asking To Review 14 Seasons Of 'The Apprentice'
https://babylonbee.com/news/jury-passes-note-to-judge-asking-to-review-all-14-seasons-of-the-apprentice
- Calvin and Hobbes